• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Mock Draft with Friends

Here is the latest mock my friends and I just completed

Round 1
    Dealt the pick to Minnesota for 39 & 72

Round 2
    39 - Brian Leonard RB Rutgers - I don't think I need to write much on this one. Leonard is a great fit for the Eagles offense

58 - Fred Bennett CB South Carolina - 6ft 1 200lbs 4.45 speed a very good man to man coverage corner. Unfinished product that could develop into a real nice starter at CB
    Round 3
    72 - Aaron Rouse Virgina Tech SS 6ft -4 214lbs 4.45 speed. Very good blend of size and speed. Kind of a tweener between linebacker and safety. Has the atheletism to develope into a an all around safety

90 - Paul Soliai DT Utah 6ft 4 325lbs - Total plugger type tackle. Not much in the pass rush department but he demands the double team. Really the type of DT this team needs

Round 4
    Traded Ryan Moats along with our 7th round pick to Green Bay for the their 4th rounder (10

108 - Zak DeOssie LB Brown 6ft 4 245lbs 4.49- Bit of a project but the guy has serious speed for his size. Could play MLB or Strong Side in the pro's. Also could long snap. Just an all around good football player

Round 5

John Beck QB BYU 6ft 2 215lbs - Score one fo Andy and his BYU connection. Seriously though Beck projects into a solid backup/low level starter in the Pro's. Perfect for the West Coast offense. Good pick in round 5

Round 6

Clark Harris TE Rutgers - Back to the Rutgers connection. Harris will need time to learn how to block. Does not have elite speed but catches the ball really well. Very consistent but limited 4 year starter
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Disagree that Leonard is a great fit, we already have a hybrid in Tapeh and they, IMO, are not gonna spend their first pick, no matter when it comes, on another RB/FB.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
      Disagree that Leonard is a great fit, we already have a hybrid in Tapeh and they, IMO, are not gonna spend their first pick, no matter when it comes, on another RB/FB.
      Leonard is a superior player to Tapeh. Just think, if they would have had Leonard last year that little pass to Fullback in the slot would have worked perfectly.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz
        Originally posted by MDFAN
        Leonard is a superior player to Tapeh. Just think, if they would have had Leonard last year that little pass to Fullback in the slot would have worked perfectly.
        Sorry but I disagree. And IMO the Eagles will not draft Leonard or ANY RB with their fist draft pick. 1. From a need standpoint. 2. From a cost standpoint. 3. From a history pov.

Comment

i would be shocked if the Eagles spent a high pick on Leonard. the days of the impact FB in a WCO are long gone. Tom Rathman was about it.
          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I love these giant mock drafts. Guess you're not married, eh? Ah...the good ole days...
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Personally, I like it. Functional, and at value IMO. Clark Harris I was iffy on. Rd 7 is about right for him, I guess. While I agree more or less with some here that Leonard won't be the pick, I like what he brings to the table. His desire is to play RB. Whether any team will indulge him is open to question. Rouse, DeOssie, Bennett are decent prospects. DeOssie is intriguing due to his intellect, size and speed. His technique is a negative, but that can be coached up. (Hopefully) According to most pre-draft pubs, Tim Shaw (Penn State) grades out higher, but DeOssie is an interesting prospect. Rouse played at OLB once and would play at SS with his size and speed. His consistency is a negative, and he is not as fluid in coverage as one would like. Bennett also has an excellent size/speed ratio and is a good cover man. His negative is that his physique is high-cut (shorter than normal body/long limbs, like a spider) which affects change-of-direction and fluidity in coverage. Soliai and Beck are what they are.

Comment

Thanks Taz...I love the mocks for discussion and appreciate you sharing them.

ThoughtProcess...nice analysis
                Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Leonard is not worth a top 39 pick IMHO

Is Rouse really 6'4?

Comment

I'd rather have Rouse in Rd. 2 than Leonard, I don't think Leonard will ever be more than a Dayne type back.

Then again I touted Westbrook on the EMB for MONTHS with almost no success so we'll see.
                    Member of the Mike Bartrum Fan Club

Comment

Working...
                    X