I'm just not feeling it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just not feeling it

There are just too many bad vibes floating around. One is the general complacency that seems to be floating around with the SB hangover. The fans, the city, Eagle forums and maybe even the team seem to have it. Doug was on the Today Show a couple of days ago talking about it again. Get over it, it's history and the new season is a week away! Of course that's natural for any team not named the Patriots. Then there are the ton of injuries that we are facing before the season has even started and the putried preseason offense that we've seen. Damn.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    There are just too many bad vibes floating around. One is the general complacency that seems to be floating around with the SB hangover. The fans, the city, Eagle forums and maybe even the team seem to have it. Doug was on the Today Show a couple of days ago talking about it again. Get over it, it's history and the new season is a week away! Of course that's natural for any team not named the Patriots. Then there are the ton of injuries that we are facing before the season has even started and the putried preseason offense that we've seen. Damn.
    I’d be much more concerned if you were feeling it

Comment

Seals it for me!

Comment

Sounds like you two ARE feeling it.

Comment

Well to be honest, I "feel" like I just don't have enough info to "feel" either way.

I'm "feelin" it on paper, personnel wise, logic wise(ALL the starters back)--- but of course like everybody else--- since the O has looked like shit.... who knows if the hunger is still there, or what injuries might hurt us during the year, and it certainly doesn't help having to be the biggest target to EVERY other team on the day we play them.

I truly have no sense on how these guys will play this year. Frankly I am not sure I will know till about week 4/5. As I have always said the fake phony exhibition games are never really any gauge.

Comment

I rarely feel anything but excitement going into a season. I think we should be very good. But I’ve thought that in the past and been 100% wrong. So as I’ve learned, I’ll temper my expectations and just enjoy each game as much as possible.

Comment

I see a slow start this season. But, when they see it slipping a way a bit they will kick it into high gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                I rarely feel anything but excitement going into a season. I think we should be very good. But I’ve thought that in the past and been 100% wrong. So as I’ve learned, I’ll temper my expectations and just enjoy each game as much as possible.
                My way generally for all these years also--- but now that we have one on the shelf... it would be much easier to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                  I see a slow start this season. But, when they see it slipping a way a bit they will kick it into high gear.
                  It might be a tough start due to the injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                    Agree with this. At the end of the day, the media does not win. The fans don’t win. The players on the field win. Birds may start slow bc of injuries, but they will come around if/when get healthy and win the division. Will they make it to the SuperBowl, let alone win it? Who knows. Some luck is involved. But they will be in the mix. Let’s get it on!
                    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

The trick is to finish strong anyway. Atlanta looked like they had the Super Bowl hangover last season and then came on to make the playoffs. I just wish so many key players weren't hurt I guess.

Comment

That "it" feel is pretty tricky. I go into damn near every season thinking SB but there is also doubt lots of seasons. The birds have a good team but talent alone doesn't do it as we all know. The players will say they are hungry but are they really. I'm sure some like Wentz, Peters, Sproles are but are some of the young guys who have only seen the good times Eagles. Can Doug & Co sneak up on and surprise anyone with their game plans?
                        The key is to make the playoffs. Hopefully get a bye and get homefield throughout. We will see starting next week,
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Working...
                        X