Contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contracts

Taking this question off the BGN article about the value of Jeffrey's contract. Do the birds pay too much? Look at the Curry contract and the rest of the DL. Lot of money committed and they still have Wentz to pay; although that is still a few years away.
    Why bitch about the Jeffrey money? Are people concerned about cap hell? Is there even a cap hell? If the birds go to two super bowls in the next four years and then go to cap hell is that okay?
    Myself, I am not too concerned about cap hell. I think you have to pay attention to the cap but you can't live in fear of it. If Hollins turns out to be a player and if the birds pick up a high end WR in the next draft or two Jeffrey will go by the wayside and it will cost 27 mil total. Otherwise just be happy he catches the damn ball
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

The value of Jeffrey goes far beyond the numbers he puts up. He stretches the field and opens up underneath. Does anyone think it’s a coincidence that Ertz and Agholor have been so effective in the slot this season? Jeffery forces the secondary to focus on him and as a result the other receivers benefit. We traded our most productive receiver last year and yet our offense has been playing at a record pace. You could say it’s all because of Wentz’s growth and that certainly is a big part of it, but we can see how defenses play us differently with Alshon here this year. I would argue that this contract is a steal based on the way Jeffrey helps the rest of the offense become more productive.

To answer the broader question you asked NoDak, no, I am not worried about the cap right now. Yes it will be an issue at some point in the near future but right now, today, we have a real shot at another Super Bowl appearance! And given the way this team is playing we have a very good shot of winning any game - so getting there means we may very well come home Super Bowl champions!! Would I trade 3-4 years of cap hell for a Super Bowl? We have gone 57+ years since our last NFL championship. I would say that is hell in itself! Give me a Super Bowl win and a couple of years to build for another run and I’ll call that a major upgrade!!! Let’s get this now while we can. You only get a handful of chances so make them count when they come along. There’s one coming now... I’m all in, no matter what the cost down the road!
    Last edited by Jukin; 12-03-2017, 08:15 AM.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
      The value of Jeffrey goes far beyond the numbers he puts up. He stretches the field and opens up underneath. Does anyone think it’s a coincidence that Ertz and Agholor have been so effective in the slot this season? Jeffery forces the secondary to focus on him and as a result the other receivers benefit. We traded our most productive receiver last year and yet our offense has been playing at a record pace. You could say it’s all because of Wentz’s growth and that certainly is a big part of it, but we can see how defenses play us differently with Alshon here this year. I would argue that this contract is a steal based on the way Jeffrey helps the rest of the offense become more productive.

To answer the broader question you asked NoDak, no, I am not worried about the cap right now. Yes it will be an issue at some point in the near future but right now, today, we have a real shot at another Super Bowl appearance! And given the way this team is playing we have a very good shot of winning any game - so getting there means we may very well come home Super Bowl champions!! Would I trade 3-4 years of cap hell for a Super Bowl? We have gone 57+ years since our last NFL championship. I would say that is hell in itself! Give me a Super Bowl win and a couple of years to build for another run and I’ll call that a major upgrade!!! Let’s get this now while we can. You only get a handful of chances so make them count when they come along. There’s one coming now... I’m all in, no matter what the cost down the road!
      Wow, did you read my mind? Very well said and I will only add 2 tidbits.......... Add Smith to that, while his production is poor, what he makes the defense do makes production elsewhere. In both the passing game and running game. ......... And, let us not forget about the lockeroom presence both these guys bring.

Comment

What is this cap you speak of? About the only thing that I know about it is that The Weasel has a closet full of Lombardi Cap Trophies in his closet.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I think locking guys up is always a good thing when they are your guys to begin with. You don’t overpay and you get a little bit of a discount because they want to stay.

Bidding for players doesn’t work and I wouldn’t do it.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I read about how we were up against the cap heading into this season. Yet we still made moves that improved us. I’ll let the capologists worry about the cap. I don’t understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              I think locking guys up is always a good thing when they are your guys to begin with. You don’t overpay and you get a little bit of a discount because they want to stay.

Bidding for players doesn’t work and I wouldn’t do it.
              How many times have we had free agents bomb? They have all fit this year which is a minor miracle and when you don't have to mess with team chemistry this is obviously the best way.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                Wow, did you read my mind?
                Well you know what they say MD, great minds.... are nothing like mine. So if you’re thinking like me, well there are some drugs I’ve found that may help you!
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I've got the feeling that we've seen the last of Jason Peters. Vinny too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                    Well you know what they say MD, great minds.... are nothing like mine. So if you’re thinking like me, well there are some drugs I’ve found that may help you!
                    More drugs???? Great ship'em down!

Comment

I think they will figure out the cap in the offseason. Smith, Celek and Foles are the ones offensively to look at going. The Eagles have tried to poach a Tight end or two off of some practice squads, they kept Sudfeld over letting him sign elsewhere. Hollins has been getting more snaps lately. Then Peters situation will need to be watched,

Right now the priority needs to be getting Cabana Boy under contract. They are gong to need to get another linebacker in the offseason as Hicks probably won’t be ready for the start of the season.
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                        I think they will figure out the cap in the offseason. Smith, Celek and Foles are the ones offensively to look at going. The Eagles have tried to poach a Tight end or two off of some practice squads, they kept Sudfeld over letting him sign elsewhere. Hollins has been getting more snaps lately. Then Peters situation will need to be watched,

Right now the priority needs to be getting Cabana Boy under contract. They are gong to need to get another linebacker in the offseason as Hicks probably won’t be ready for the start of the season.
                        Has Hicks played a complete season since High School?

Comment

Working...
                        X