Pep talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pep talk

I spent an hour last night reading tweets and watching the postgame because damnit I just couldn’t sleep. Here is the thing:

Russell Wilson played out of his mind and the receivers did play great.
    Our game plan wasn’t good enough.
    The Seahawks have one of the worst OL in the league and yet miraculously didn’t get called for holding against the best DL in the league.
    Wentz was off guys. He is human.
    We lost a TD at the one foot line.
    We went for it on 4th and 3 in the third quarter which I think was wrong.
    We got an awful spot on the Blount run on the first drive but I never saw a replay.
    Darby DPI in Q1 was ridiculous. And yet Torrey Smith’s DPI being picked up was somehow a good call.
    Russell Wilson made a forward pass 10 yards past the LOS.
    And we were due to lose a game.

Yet I read about a 1000 people saying we are frauds and we finally played a good team.

Not the case guys.

We are gonna win out and finish 14-2.

I just think we were due for a letdown.

It’s our turn.

Fly Eagles Fly
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

This^
    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      I spent an hour last night reading tweets and watching the postgame because damnit I just couldn’t sleep. Here is the thing:

Russell Wilson played out of his mind and the receivers did play great.
      Our game plan wasn’t good enough.
      The Seahawks have one of the worst OL in the league and yet miraculously didn’t get called for holding against the best DL in the league.
      Wentz was off guys. He is human.
      We lost a TD at the one foot line.
      We went for it on 4th and 3 in the third quarter which I think was wrong.
      We got an awful spot on the Blount run on the first drive but I never saw a replay.
      Darby DPI in Q1 was ridiculous. And yet Torrey Smith’s DPI being picked up was somehow a good call.
      Russell Wilson made a forward pass 10 yards past the LOS.
      And we were due to lose a game.

Yet I read about a 1000 people saying we are frauds and we finally played a good team.

Not the case guys.

We are gonna win out and finish 14-2.

I just think we were due for a letdown.

It’s our turn.

Fly Eagles Fly
      Nice one

Comment

I agree the birds are a good team. Lots of reasons for the loss but sell that crap about finally playing a good team somewhere else. The birds have beat good teams this year. I've said I am glad they are playing some good teams at the end of year. They need some testing. This loss had nothing to do with that. They just didn't play (or coach) well.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

2 more things

When Fresh got to heaven I’ll bet in his initial orientation it was revealed that God just doesn’t like the Eagles.

However...

Birds 4 Life
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

when you lose a game in which you flew across the country and played a pita QB and a home crowd that cheers all game regardless of how the game is going.....

sometimes you just chalk it up to one of those games and you learn from it

that is what I am taking out of that game

however, they do need to get back up and pummel the Rams next week. That is huge for this young team

Comment

We lost the game but the last time I checked the season is not over. We are 10-2 flying high, still have a bye in the playoffs. The league got what they wanted, as they controlled who officiated this game, so be it. As long as the league lets the teams on the field decide who wins and loses this team will be unstoppable.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Last nights game did not change my feelings about this team at all. We are good. Even with Wentz being off, our guys still racked up 425 yards against the Seahhags in Seattle. The defense played on one of their worst games and only gave up 310 yards.

Russell Wilson was clutch. He played a great game and should be given credit. Our guys missed a lot of opportunities. If Wentz doesn't fumble crossing the goal line, the outcome could have been very different.

I do feel it is going to be important to go out and beat the Rams this week though. They are another good team playing very well right now. Wentz and the defense will need to bring their 'A' game.

Comment

It all sounds good.......... Get back to me after next week for some real answers though.

Comment

The playoffs have already started. It's a lot of tension from here on in. Parcells always said that you have to win "when the snow flies".
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                    X