Boy there is a lot of misunderstanding about that Viking game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy there is a lot of misunderstanding about that Viking game

I just watched the game again on the DTV Sunday Ticket replay and believe me there was no bend but don't break philosophy at all. Schwartz played single safety on all but 2 plays that I could see. We always had 8 and sometimes 9 in the box. Mills was only playing 3 yards off the ball most of the time and Jones did some jamming. Poor tackling was the worst thing that i saw. Cousins and Theilen were unreal.

Doug on the other hand called the worst game of his career. Minnesota was playing 6 and 7 man fronts and we could have run the ball the whole game. It's like they knew Doug's game plan. I can't believe Wentz didn't audible out of some of those calls. Only 2 RPOs that I could see. If there were more called Wentz would have seen the pre snap reads and we would have run the ball all day long. We really miss Reich IMO. He would have been in Doug's ear about all of the passing. Big Balls Doug was Andy Dumb Sunday.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I want to see them decide to run the ball from the first play to the last. Make play action part of the game plan
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I watched the game second time and no doubt Cousins had a great game. I will say again on the long pass to Mills I can't fault him on that, it was a great throw by Cousins.

There were plays were Mills and Darby were closer to the receiver I would say they played that about half the time. It is interesting when they did, the vikings went a little more to the run. I will also when they played

Doug didn't have a great game plan and you are right they only called two RPO's and both were successful. I don' t know if its up to Wentz to audible or if they give him that ability to.

Lets face it though the biggest issue right now is the negative plays, either by penalty or a missed play by one person on the line or a dropped football etc. Cut those in half and this team puts up another 10 points a game.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Watch it 4 times --- they suck and I only needed to watch one time with my own eyeballs!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          Watch it 4 times --- they suck and I only needed to watch one time with my own eyeballs!
          I watch the games with my wife now and miss a lot more than I used to do for some reason and have to go back and rewatch it to have any idea of what really went on . I watch it more from the fan prospective than I used to I guess. Doug was simply terrible calling plays or maybe Wentz is just not as confident changing them as he was last year. He's still rusty mentally from what I've seen so far. With Minny dropping 5 and 6 guys into coverage all day long he was having a hard time finding open receivers and holding the ball. It really pissed me off watching it to tell you the truth.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

It's like they knew Doug's game plan. I

Said before the game one advantage to MN was Flip giving Zimmer good info on the birds. It isn't why they lost but it was one of the factors.
            Maybe Doug & Co wanted to stay away from RPOs because the whole league sees that as the birds offense. Doug likes to outthink his opponent a little. Not saying he should go back nor am I saying he should shy away from the RPOs but it is all people talk about so I understand if he is trying to balance more.
            This team looks ugly but they are in in at the end. The vast majority of games are really determined by a handful of plays. Tis one was no different. I would bet this board could name five plays that, if gone the birds way, would have changed the outcome.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Working...
            X