• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's about time somebody stood up about AB's bullshit

Terrence Lee-USA TODAY Sports

Details emerge of Antonio Brown incident with Raiders GM

Originally posted on Sportsnaut | By Vincent Frank | Last updated 9/5/19
    When news broke earlier on Thursday that the Oakland Raiders were set to suspend wide receiver Antonio Brown, it threw the football world for a loop.

Brown had reportedly gotten into it with Raiders general manager Mike Mayock over a fine he received stemming from missing certain training camp activities.

We’re now getting more details regarding the incident in question, and it’s troublesome.

NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport reports that the altercation between Mayock and Brown did not get physical. Though, it did lead to the receiver throwing a fit over the fine he received. That included a threat to punch Mayock in the face.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
    More on #Raiders WR Antonio Brown and Mike Mayock yesterday: It did not get physical, sources say. But after a screaming match, Brown told Mayock that he would hit him in the face and then punted the ball… and said, Fine me for that. 💸💸💸

1:24 PM - Sep 5, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    9,443 people are talking about this
    Another report from Raiders beat writer Vic Tafur of The Athletic suggests that the spat took place in front of the Raiders’ entire team.

Vic Tafur

@VicTafur
    Antonio Brown was unhappy about being fined and had an exchange with #Raiders general manager Mike Mayock on Wednesday. He was held back by a couple of teammates, sources said, and is now facing a team suspension.

12:41 PM - Sep 5, 2019
    1,532 people are talking about this
    This most certainly does not represent great optics for the Raiders’ organization. Head coach Jon Gruden has a no-nonsense way of going about things. As an old-school mind himself, Mayock is not going to put up with the immature things we’ve seen from Brown in recent weeks. That’s for sure.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, there are some around the NFL who now believe that the Raiders suspending Brown for conduct detrimental to the team could be a harbinger of further things to come. Primarily, that Oakland will look to void the guarantees remaining on his deal.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
    There are those around the league who now believe the Raiders could suspend Antonio Brown with the idea of trying to void the $30.125 million of guaranteed money in his contract.

Which obviously would end his time in Oakland.

1:22 PM - Sep 5, 2019
    9,986 people are talking about this
    If that is indeed the case, there’s a good chance that Brown will never suit up in a regular-season game for the Raiders mere months after they signed him to a three-year, $50.13 million deal.

Stay tuned, there’s going to be a lot more come of this over the next several hours and days. For now, Brown’s future in Oakland is truly up in the air.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    For now, Brown’s future in Oakland is truly up in the air.
    That’s always great to hear after you draft a guy as your #1 fantasy football receiver......
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Not to worry Juke - it's typical Oakland. He apologized to the team and it looks like he'll play on Monday.

Comment

Gruden runs the show-he's back lol

I posted the link because there's some good video in it. Mayock might be wondering what he got himself into..

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...ders-facility/

Comment

he's a fucking wack job
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was suffering from CTE.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
              It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was suffering from CTE.
              or he could just be a fucking asshole
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                Yep. He has been fawned over far too much and it went to his dumbass head.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  Well, that's the obvious. All I'm saying is that a symptom of CTE is irrational behavior, and he's certainly displaying that. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see this guy's life fall apart, and then they get a look at his brain, and they're like yep.

Comment

The Raiders just released him. He's now a FA.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                      Well, that's the obvious. All I'm saying is that a symptom of CTE is irrational behavior, and he's certainly displaying that. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see this guy's life fall apart, and then they get a look at his brain, and they're like yep.
                      There's a lot of nut jobs out there who don't have CTE.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        There's a lot of nut jobs out there who don't have CTE.
                        I know. All I'm sayin is it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Only fitting that a Philly guy would say enough is enough

Comment

I never thought I would see a guy who acted more the totally self-absorbed asshole than TO did with our Birds. But Brown has taken it to a whole new level.

I think Eaglebreath raises an interesting point about the possibility of CTE playing a part in this guy's irrational, abruptly changing and self-defeating behavior. That said, Brown apparently has been a genuine asshole for at least the last couple of years. Who knows? Maybe he should be forced to have his brain removed and closely examined for a week or so.

The only positive (for me) to come out of this shit fest is that 'Chucky' ends up looking the star struck fool for insisting the Raiders pursue this turd and that the gutter scum Rosenhaus gets fucked out of a big slice of cash.

Comment

Can you say tampering? Yesterday he and the team had it all resolved. This morning he posts a video and a message saying "release me". They do and within 3 hours he has a deal signed with the Cheatriots. Sounds fishy to me.....
                              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                              X