Phils Trade Valdez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phils Trade Valdez

to the Reds for LHP Jeremy Horst. He pitched a 15+ innings for the Reds with a 2.93 ERA
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

They needed a LHP in the pen and this guy was a former 1st rd. pick that they obviously liked. I like it. They do need to find a utility inf. though.
    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Zep,according to csnphilly.com he's a former 21st round pick
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

They have lefties. Don't forget d train.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
          Zep,according to csnphilly.com he's a former 21st round pick
          ooops guess i read that wrong. What ever there are plenty of younger Valdez's out there.
          Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
            They have lefties. Don't forget d train.
            I did until you just brought him up again.

Valdez was ok but he wasn't anything special that makes me lament this move. He'll always be remembered for his pitching prowess!

Comment

Willis is tough on lefties,but my fear is he is most valuable off the bench when Cholly is out of regulars after 9.

Comment

He put in a lot of innings over the last couple of years and was pretty reliable doing so even if never spectacluar- - other than in his limited pitching role which was the envy of the staff.
                Probably expensive for his role, probably never to get any better, probably a luxury considering they have guys who can step in, but I hope this doesn't come back to bite them
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Funny how outraged a lot of Phillies fans are about this.

Valdez was OK, nothing special. Glove men like him are a dime a dozen. Glad they got a potentially useful lefty arm for him.

Will miss his goatee and of course, that amazing inning pitched last year. I still can't believe he hit 90 on the gun!
                  Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

by the by Horst is a kid from N Dakota; played about 5 miles from here as a youth
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Working...
                    X