Confidence level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
    Not high. Think we just don’t have the edge we had last year.
    This is where I am as well. I think defensive coordinators have the book on the Eagles this year/ they all seem more dialed in against us. Also, our running hame just has not been up to snuff/ Ajayi is not the break tackles for needed yards guy as Blount was. Carson’s timing with Alshon is still off, and even with good throws, WRs aren’t making plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      I agree and I'm really worried that we've seen the last of the incredible Agholor story and he's going to revert back to where he was a couple seasons ago. Last week was awful and I'm hoping that it's out of his head because it's sure not out of mine.

Maybe your boy Mathews put some kind of Vulcan Mind Meld on Aggie. He certainly was awful. Let's hope (pray if you're so inclined) that it was a one game aberration and not a reversion to the form that so endeared him to us for his first couple seasons.

On the positive side, I just read on PFT that Cook is 'not expected to play' for

Minny. Of course that info may be a devious misdirection put out by that Master of Duplicity, Mike Zimmer...also known as "The What...Me Worry?" kid.

Comment

Sorry guys but this whole thread is lame. Remember that we are WORLD F—Cking champions! Last year at this time we were 3-1 but really no better on D. We had a huge collapse vs the Giants and were saved by Elliot.

I trust the leadership on this team to get this right and Wentz is going to take a little time to get back to the MVP version. He’s not that far off.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
          Sorry guys but this whole thread is lame. Remember that we are WORLD F—Cking champions! Last year at this time we were 3-1 but really no better on D. We had a huge collapse vs the Giants and were saved by Elliot.

I trust the leadership on this team to get this right and Wentz is going to take a little time to get back to the MVP version. He’s not that far off.
          Sorry for the LAME thread..... but IMM beside blind faith, this team has shown that there is in fact some reason for "non SB confidence"!!

The World F---CK champions slogan means nothing in 2018 -- other than every team wants a W to put on their belt this year by beating the WFC!

Three major things different when comparing this 2 and 2 to that 3-1---- 1. We have a target on our back and that means EVERY team gives us their best shot. And 2. despite all the sound bites, the hunger level has been proven to lessen after a SB win, it's human nature and it has a track record over the years as being a real thing. And three this is NOT last years team--- different parts and different chemistry ---- and we have no clue whether that is good or bad--- but so far the eye test sez that we MIGHT have a few concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            Sorry for the LAME thread..... but IMM beside blind faith, this team has shown that there is in fact some reason for "non SB confidence"!!

The World F---CK champions slogan means nothing in 2018 -- other than every team wants a W to put on their belt this year by beating the WFC!

Three major things different when comparing this 2 and 2 to that 3-1---- 1. We have a target on our back and that means EVERY team gives us their best shot. And 2. despite all the sound bites, the hunger level has been proven to lessen after a SB win, it's human nature and it has a track record over the years as being a real thing. And three this is NOT last years team--- different parts and different chemistry ---- and we have no clue whether that is good or bad--- but so far the eye test sez that we MIGHT have a few concerns.
            No doubt. I get it. Lame wasn’t directed to the thread starter but moreso the general sense of doom and gloom.
            I just appreciate that we have a franchise QB and quality person like Wentz leading this team.
            And I’m just happy that the Birds are on national TV finally and I don’t have to stream the game.
            Last edited by rspurr; 10-07-2018, 10:47 AM.
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I just don't know. It seems that Dougie might be sending Wiz to the bench in favor of Seamaolo, or however the hell you spell it. The O-line, to me, is the biggest disappointment, and it's not due to injuries. They're not playing well. I'm also concerned the Cousins is going to throw for 500 yards on this swiss cheese secondary.

The Eagles need to play with a sense of urgency that they have lacked so far. I agree that it's early in the season, and there's plenty of time, and yada yada, but at some point they need to get their fucking shit together.

Comment

I have a feeling we’ll see a little more of Douglas despite what Schwartz said about no changes.
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                  No doubt. I get it. Lame wasn’t directed to the thread starter but moreso the general sense of doom and gloom.
                  I just appreciate that we have a franchise QB and quality person like Wentz leading this team.
                  And I’m just happy that the Birds are on national TV finally and I don’t have to stream the game.
                  Gotcha! And I am usually on the hopeful side, but this team has been very confusing this year and at some point they gotta give me the
                  confirmation I need.

Comment

The schedule is also tougher remember that. We get the Vikings and the Rams. The other three teams in our division sidestep those guys. It’s just really hard to repeat. That said... it’s entireky possible that we are building a team that goes on a 6-8 year run and wins 2-3 Super Bowls in that span. Just need to manage the draft and cap smartly and stay the course. The core of this team is young and talented.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Injuries have both of these teams hard. We'll see which one of them can tough it out the best to get back in contention, at least for the time being. I think that we take the game at home. It's Columbus Day and way too early to be thinking of a SB. The fact that I am pretty confident is a bad sign though. Usually when I'm not we win. Oh well.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        Injuries have both of these teams hard. We'll see which one of them can tough it out the best to get back in contention, at least for the time being. I think that we take the game at home. It's Columbus Day and way too early to be thinking of a SB. The fact that I am pretty confident is a bad sign though. Usually when I'm not we win. Oh well.
                        EDIT-And don't forget no Griffin for the Vikes today on top of their injuries.
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                        X