Things to feel good about!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to feel good about!

The last 2 games against the Fish have disheartening, but there are several things happening elsewhere in the East
    that take a little sting out of those losses for me:

- Since the Phils sweep of the Braves at home, they've lost 3 more straight to the Cubs and show signs of wandering
    off the face of the earth. I had believed Atlanta would be the toughest competition for the Phils for the East title,
    but with Smoltz gone for the year and Jones' aging body again showing signs keeping him out of the lineup on a regular basis,
    the Braves are in trouble.

- The Mets should be declared a federal disaster area. Disharmony runs rampant in the club house and age looks to be a real
    factor, as the team with the $140 million pay roll has several main stays who will soon be eligible to
    supplement their inflated salaries with Social Security Retirement Benefits...Alou - 42 in July, El Duque (claims to be 38, but looks
    like he's 5; Pedro "My New Casa Is On the DL" Martinez - 36; Delgado - an old, bitchy 35; and Easley - 38!

- The big mouth red neck, who's supposed to be closing the door for the Mets in the 9th inning, has blown 3 straight saves in dramatic fashion
    and has the psychotic Met faithful screaming for him to STFU about his teammates and just worry about his own game.

- Still on the Amazins, Willie Randolph is a "dead man walking" and the fans are furious with the GM, Omar Minaya, charging him with blind bias
    in favor of signing Latin ball players...old, mediocre ones at that. At last count, 15 of the 25 guys on the active roster were of Spanish origin.

Personally, I like what Minaya has been doing! We go to the Dominican Republic at least once a year. Since Minaya took over as GM in 2004,
    there's been a lot less traffic on the roads in the DR, as half the country's male population seems to be playing for the Mets.

Re: Things to feel good about!

Well a 20 to 2 stomping of the Cards makes for a much better feeling!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
      Well a 20 to 2 stomping of the Cards makes for a much better feeling!
      What happened...did they miss a PAT?

Comment

Nah, it started raining and Kotite went for 2.

Comment

Working...
        X