Browns fans not interested in Kolb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browns fans not interested in Kolb

Cleveland would seem like a good fit for the reasons mentioned...

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...kolb#storyjump

Since reports leaked out that the Eagles may look to trade Kevin Kolb this offseason, writers covering teams with suspect QB situations have started to weigh in/take the the pulse of the fans on a possible trade of Kolb to their team. One such team is the Cleveland Browns. Cleveland would appear to be a fit for a Kolb for a couple reasons. One, their QB situation isn't settled despite the fact that Colt McCoy showed some flashes, former Eagles GM Tom Heckert was part of the team that drafted Kolb and has spoken highly of him, Browns head coach Pat Shurmur has coached Kolb and will be looking to install the exact Andy Reid style west coast offense that Kolb already knows. Plus, Andy Reid and Mike Holmgren are friends and the teams have done deals together in the past.

So the Cleveland Plain-Dealer ran a poll on their website asking Browns fans if they would be happy to see a trade for Kolb? After 4,000 votes, it's 75% against and 25% for. Clearly Browns fans are not excited about the prospect of KK.

In a lot of ways I can understand. They already have a young QB in Colt McCoy, who while not particularly impressive, probably did enough that no one is going to call him a bust just yet. Plus, given that they just invested a 2nd rounder in McCoy and spent a first rounder on Brady Quinn recently, it's understandable that the fanbase would be gunshy about spending yet another high pick on a QB. Frankly, I can't blame them.

Of course, let's also not discount the nature of just being a fan. For a lot of people, the mere suggestion that some other teams' player is better than yours is blasphemy and clearly Kolb is a no talent loser that the Eagles are trying to pawn off on some unsuspecting team desperate for a QB. Of course, when your team actually does trade for him... he becomes a nearly can't miss prospect destined for a career that's maybe not quite Joe Montana, but probably better than Dan Marino.

They would probably like the revolving door to stop for just 1 season.Christ,how many QBs have they used the past 3 seasons ?
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Maybe they can trade for Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Kolb = Colt McCoy, which is probably about right.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
          They would probably like the revolving door to stop for just 1 season.Christ,how many QBs have they used the past 3 seasons ?
          Well, Kolb hasn't consistently lit it up since he's been on the field (though it doesn't help when you keep leaving every third down), so the Browns fans may see that as a step sideways, not a step up.

But, 'cause Musicman asked........over the last 3 years, the Browns have had 7 QB's. Yikes!! Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, Ken Dorsey, Bruce Gradkowski, Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, and Seneca Wallace.

Disclaimer, they've had other guys throw a pass here and there too, but I only counted players who had 20 or more attempts in a given season).
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
            But, 'cause Musicman asked........over the last 3 years, the Browns have had 7 QB's. Yikes!! Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, Ken Dorsey, Bruce Gradkowski, Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, and Seneca Wallace.

Disclaimer, they've had other guys throw a pass here and there too, but I only counted players who had 20 or more attempts in a given season).
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
            X