Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(OT) Interesting piece in PFT on Vince Lombardi's attitude re: gay player.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
    Originally Posted by Eagle60
    ....friends shoot the shit from time to time

I'm not clear on this. Can friends get together in groups and shoot Michael or do we still
    have to do it one at a time? And is there any chance we can persuade this guy to
    volunteer to sub for Irvin once he's reached room temperature?

"Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

If we indeed can shoot POS in large groups I'd like to nominate:

Erik williams
      Deion
      Sapp
      Favre
      Brandon jacobs
      Plaxico

And

2 blasts from the past

Albert belle
      And
      Kevin mitchell
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post

Erik williams
        Deion
        Sapp
        Favre
        Brandon jacobs
        Plaxico

And

2 blasts from the past

Albert belle
        And
        Kevin mitchell
        How the heck did you leave Owens off that list?
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          Not to get on a rant here but I am really amazed that people get so worked up over things that have absolutely no impact on their own lives. If Jason Collins wants to sleep with another guy -- unless that guy is you what the hell business is it of yours? If two people are consenting adults and no one else is affected by their actions then leave them the hell alone! If Vin enjoys glueing smilie faces to his nutsack and bouncing on a pogo stick infront of a picture of Queen Elizabeth making out with Betty White while his girlfriend hits him with pillows then I say - Go Vin!

And for the relegious zelots claiming vin may be committing a sin, the bible teaches us to love and accept one another. If it is a sin it's between the sinner and God. My own belief is that we are supposed to accept and support one another on this journey - not belittle and hate. Those feelings should be reserved for Cowboy's fans and players.
          First off, the idea that it has no impact on people's lives is absolutely false. In Massachusetts where gay marriage was passed, Catholic adoption agencies were forced to shut down. In New Mexico, a private Christian photographer was fined $6,000 by the government for refusing to photo a lesbian ceremony out of moral conviction. You've had a whole host of pro gay indoctrination things pushed into public schools with our tax dollars. Including Kindergartners reading "A King and A King" as well as other indoctrination type stuff at every level of school. There were forced gay marriage celebration chapels with no parental opt out in Massachusetts.

It's not about tolerance, it is about forced acceptance. What we have seen is gay groups sue the Boy Scouts, EHarmony, or anything remotely religious to try to put them all out of business. They are trying to force everyone to think like them...and eventually, this will result in attacks on religious freedom of speech - it already has. Pretty soon, Christians or others who oppose homosexuality will be discriminated against in employment. How soon before they force pastors or priests or churches to marry them? It is amazing to me 2-3% of the population has so much power.

You make the false assumption that if you disagree with someone or something, that means you automatically hate it. I don't hate gay people, but I think the definition of marriage, which has religious origin, should remain between a man and woman as it has always been, rather than be redefined.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post

Erik williams
            Deion
            Sapp
            Favre
            Brandon jacobs
            Plaxico

And

2 blasts from the past

Albert belle
            And
            Kevin mitchell
            sounds a bit like a deer drive. In PA you need a roster of hunters involved and you can have up to 25 on your roster. We can eliminate a big portion of these assholes by setting up a drive at ESPN headquarters and the NFL network site. If by some good luck Steven A. Smith and Stuart Scott get caught up in one of these drives, then I say Good Fucking Hunting boys.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              . If by some good luck Steven A. Smith and Stuart Scott get caught up in one of these drives, then I say Good Fucking Hunting boys.

To make things completely fair,
              I suggest that only hunters with
              one eye be permitted to shoot at Stuart.

Is that wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Foles4SB View Post
                First off, the idea that it has no impact on people's lives is absolutely false. In Massachusetts where gay marriage was passed, Catholic adoption agencies were forced to shut down. In New Mexico, a private Christian photographer was fined $6,000 by the government for refusing to photo a lesbian ceremony out of moral conviction. You've had a whole host of pro gay indoctrination things pushed into public schools with our tax dollars. Including Kindergartners reading "A King and A King" as well as other indoctrination type stuff at every level of school. There were forced gay marriage celebration chapels with no parental opt out in Massachusetts.

It's not about tolerance, it is about forced acceptance. What we have seen is gay groups sue the Boy Scouts, EHarmony, or anything remotely religious to try to put them all out of business. They are trying to force everyone to think like them...and eventually, this will result in attacks on religious freedom of speech - it already has. Pretty soon, Christians or others who oppose homosexuality will be discriminated against in employment. How soon before they force pastors or priests or churches to marry them? It is amazing to me 2-3% of the population has so much power.

You make the false assumption that if you disagree with someone or something, that means you automatically hate it. I don't hate gay people, but I think the definition of marriage, which has religious origin, should remain between a man and woman as it has always been, rather than be redefined.

You are on the wrong side of history, dude.
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
                  You are on the wrong side of history, dude.

I assume you are referring to our "progress" as a society?

Lord I hope not.

I agree with him that we are talking more about forced acceptance than tolerance. Tolerance and perhaps even understanding is something that most of us DO strive for, however the way that some of these issues which should NOT be political are in fact used to divide our society is just sickening, IMO.

Live and let live. Freedom. Wasn't that the basis for the founding of this country in the first place?
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

There's a big difference between forced acceptance and tolerance. No reasonable minded person is going to force anyone to accept homosexuality. But on the flip side are people who are trying to limit other people's freedoms.

1. Hate gays? Think it's wrong? You have every single right to do so. Your freedom isn't being infringed. It's exactly the same as if you want to say you hate blacks or mexicans. Or you hate ice cream. No one is saying you can't say what you feel. I love the 1st amendment.

2. Don't think gays should be able to marry? Well then you're infringing upon gays rights to do something. That to me is BS. I believe in freedom and freedom means the ability to have sex with dudes or get married. Ooooooh we're letting gays get health benefits and protection as a spouse. Oh the humanity!

Live and let live is right. So let the gays do what they want and we'll let anti-gays think what they want. But you can't say freedom and then turn around and say "nope, you can't do that."

I wish gays would stop using the term "marriage" and call it a "civil union". Then you couldn't have the "marriage is a religious sacrament" blah blah blah arguments. A "civil union" also gets you health benefits and the rights of a spouse? Then call it a civil union you dumb motherfuckers!

Comment

I think you are missing the point, Vin. No one is trying to tell anyone how to live their life. At least not on MY side. And I don't care if gays want to marry. FINE BY ME! They can be just as miserable as the rest of us. LOL!
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                        I think you are missing the point, Vin. No one is trying to tell anyone how to live their life. At least not on MY side. And I don't care if gays want to marry. FINE BY ME! They can be just as miserable as the rest of us. LOL!
                        But I think Foles is saying that.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                          I assume you are referring to our "progress" as a society?

Lord I hope not.

I agree with him that we are talking more about forced acceptance than tolerance. Tolerance and perhaps even understanding is something that most of us DO strive for, however the way that some of these issues which should NOT be political are in fact used to divide our society is just sickening, IMO.

Live and let live. Freedom. Wasn't that the basis for the founding of this country in the first place?

Polls consistently now show wide support around the country for gay marriage. There are always going to be the 30 percent or so of the evangelicals and other fundamentalist types who will oppose it, but they have lost the battle. It's over.
                          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Of all the things you could be opposed to (like the fact that our food supply is made of shit), gay marriage seems awfully silly to me.

"Gays shouldn't be allowed to marry!... Honey, can you pass that diabetes loaf?"

Comment

We are on different tracks here, obviously. I am not opposed to gays or gay marriages, etc. I am bothered by the backlash against Christians. Knucklehead athiests like Mikey Weinsten are what bother me. Efforts to remove any traces of belief or shows of belief from the military, the school, our freaking money or our constitution.......man, I don't want to get started on this.

Comment

Fresh - there's always gonna be idiots on the fringes.

Comment

Working...
                                X