Fightin Phils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightin Phils

There seems to be some fight in the Phils. 16-5 since break; now if they can just run 22 consecutive and get to .500

Certainly they dug far too deep of a hole to be happy about anything this year but it sure is nice to see a couple of nice weeks where they play ball. Makes me anxious for next year.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

I almost don't want to see them do good--- I need them to realize just how bad they are rather than some false hope.

Comment

I can't believe they didn't realize that already. No one was as bad as they were over the first half. I guess it depends on who is playing well. Can Odubel be another rule 5 Shane Victorino (a guy I really liked on team)? Is Franco legit? If a guy like Nola gets crushed the second half of a crap season could it be bad for him in the future?
      If things go halfway well and people start to think maybe Amaro is okay then they are screwed. As long as they move on from Amaro and get an idea about what different guys can do I am okay with seeing an ember in the fire.
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Seen enough of Harang for sure, hope that if they are going to move Utley , Howard , Ruiz or Francour , they do it soon. Play the kids. Let Ruf and Brown play everyday and see if they can handle it.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I'm not sure Brown is ever going to be anything more than a body to put out there.
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Working...
          X