So what's the answer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's the answer?

I guess that I just don't get it. I'm not black and I know that it's a much harder path to success if you are and that's undeniable. I realize that but that's just the way it is and probably always will be. We can all do our best to improve things but poverty is poverty and attitudes are attitudes. I know that I'm not helping with this but it just seems to me that these protests are just protests with no answers. I really want to know just what these people want? No law? Do they just want the police to go away? I've heard black people on television actually say that they want to abolish the police. What??? Their neighborhoods are unlivable now and they want the only part that keeps a lid on them gone? Where are the minority leaders with a few solutions rather than just complaining because I think that close to 100% of the country would be on board with them if they had any idea what they could do. Could somebody please enlighten me because I'm clueless here and I don't think that I'm alone.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I don't pretend to know how black people feel. I have opinions, but that is all.

But what I do know is that anarchy is not any answer.

Just IMHO I think much of these protests are misdirected. Black on black crime is much more of a problem then police misbehaving.

Comment

So, tell me about disrespect. Quite honestly we are a country of laws-- as opposed to N Korea or Nazi Germany where you got your ass spanked for not saluting the flag. I learned long ago when the supreme court ruled that anyone can sew a flag to their ass and it was okay. Want to burn a flag-- so be it. Want little 8 year old Mary Lou Who to sit during the pledge of allegiance-- so be it. Want to talk on your phone or not take off your hat-- so be it. THAT is the law of our country but many don't give a **** about the LAW of our country they only want what they want. So who is disrespecting what? Is the president disrespecting the constitution because that baby says freedom of speech and the supreme court has ruled that this is a freedom of speech?
      So, let's talk about Villanueva. The TEAM voted that all would stay in locker room. The COACH said whatever was determined would be followed by all. I guarantee V didn't learn to go against his team when he was a ranger. Hell as a ranger there is no way you go against your team. So be careful talking about him as a ranger. I have known and served with many rangers in my career. All dedicated men among men. But plenty are self absorbed asswipes only interested in themselves. Normally those are quickly sorted out and handled by the squad but never believe there aren't asswipes among them. Now, Tomlin or the team captains may have given him the double secret wink and told him it was okay to go out but that isn't really known. Tomlin could easily say I think he should have stayed with the team while telling V that he should stay with the team but the team understands if he goes out. I think that is what happened.
      **** half the people bitching never watched the anthem anyway. Hell the TV stations rarely showed the anthem before this crap started.
      Personally, I don't care of you stay in the locker room and psych yourself for the game or if you sit on the bench to get ready or if you stand in the walkway and get a blowjob or you stand and salute. I say that because in our country it is okay to do that. In communist countries or dictatorships it is not.
      The funny thing is people BITCHED big time about protests because the protestors said they were peaceful protests while the other side said protesting was okay but THESE protests aren't peaceful. They are riots; which they often were. In this case we have people who are, without any doubt, peacefully protesting and now it is disrespectful. Makes one think that any protesting will result in hate from those that have a different opinion.
      You either believe in the laws and freedoms of our country or you don't.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Not sure what is being discussed here...... Are we talking the anthem or the general idea of what is the protest about and blacks general grievances?

Comment

It's just me but these protests are useless until the players come out and actually say what they are protesting about. I've got the feeling their answer would be "everything" which really isn't going to get anybody anywhere and is just more divisive.

Comment

I could be wrong but I think Kaps protest was about blacks being shot by cops and his perception of the unfairness of both the police and the court system...... I think.

Of course I think it has blossomed into 2 million other complaints.

Comment

Well seems to me it started with the general idea of protests. I'm very surprised anyone in the country doesn't know what the protests are about. One knucklehead started protesting what he, and many others, thought was a burgeoning mistreatment and maybe heavy handedness by police and the justice system. It was fueled by someone who didn't like their method of protest (using the anthem as background), even though it was perfectly peaceful and legal, pandering to the hardcore of the country and trying to pit them against the protestors. At that point those, athletes in general, that felt they were being attacked joined in to enlarge the protest. Which side is the majority in the debate is certainly debatable.
              The bottom line being we have many in the country who don't believe in the laws of the country. Or they believe in the law when it suits them.
              60-- from your posts it seems you were a coach. Tell me what you would do if you had a player who did not comply with what you and the team determined. If you say they could do what they want you would have to also say you had no control over your team.
              No one can say these aren't peaceful protests and no one can say they are not legal protests. So tell me who is in the wrong.
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                Well seems to me it started with the general idea of protests. I'm very surprised anyone in the country doesn't know what the protests are about. One knucklehead started protesting what he, and many others, thought was a burgeoning mistreatment and maybe heavy handedness by police and the justice system. It was fueled by someone who didn't like their method of protest (using the anthem as background), even though it was perfectly peaceful and legal, pandering to the hardcore of the country and trying to pit them against the protestors. At that point those, athletes in general, that felt they were being attacked joined in to enlarge the protest. Which side is the majority in the debate is certainly debatable.
                The bottom line being we have many in the country who don't believe in the laws of the country. Or they believe in the law when it suits them.
                60-- from your posts it seems you were a coach. Tell me what you would do if you had a player who did not comply with what you and the team determined. If you say they could do what they want you would have to also say you had no control over your team.
                No one can say these aren't peaceful protests and no one can say they are not legal protests. So tell me who is in the wrong.
                LOL. I coached high school kids and they did what I told them to. It's amazing how motivational sitting your ass on a bench can be. They don't do it enough in the pros. I'm not necessarily talking about this subject but running a team in general. Sit that asshole Beckum down for awhile and he'll change his tune in a hurry. You don't do something like "I'm going to bench you for the first period next game". You put his ass on the bench when he does it and let him figure it out.

Comment

You got me going now ND. The next day you tell they guy how much he screwed his teammates because he wasn't in the game to help them win. And if he still doesn't get it there's always the sled. That kid or PLAYER doesn't have to like you but he sure as hell had better respect you.

I always liked Gruden because of that and the way he dealth with that shithead Keyshan Johnson. Remember when he kicked him off the team and sent him home for the season? Sure he left the team and later played with Dallas and Parcells and made up some shit about he was the only coach that he respected. OK dip shit. Just remember who finally set you straight for the first time in your life.

Comment

People have the right to protest.

Others have the same right to protest the protest.

People also have the right to feel the flag, their service and maybe lives are being disrespected..... Despite what the protester sez!

Perception in fact is reality!

All people have the right to decide if this is a proper venue for the protest and they have the right to their POV.

Comment

I understand that right to not like it. I understand the right to protest (PEACEFULLY) at the same time others are protesting.
                      Perception has nothing to do with it. It is either legal or it is illegal. We don't enforce someone's perception. We enforce what is illegal.
                      You can not dispute that this president is coming out against the right to legally and peacefully protest.
                      Doesn't matter what my perception or your perception is; it is wrong. As I said in another post Barack Obama came out with the 'if I had a son he would look like Trayvon' line. He was wrong to venture into that and he worked to divide the country with that mistake. Donald Trump just did the same thing.

60 - Not knowing what went on in the locker room I will say that in general if I was the coach and he went against the team he would hear about it in some manner. Maybe this circumstance has some merit but maybe a fine or suspension would be coming his way or maybe he would stand and apologize to the team. I don't know but I do know you have to have control of the team.
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

I understand that right to not like it. I understand the right to protest (PEACEFULLY) at the same time others are protesting.
                        Perception has nothing to do with it. It is either legal or it is illegal. We don't enforce someone's perception. We enforce what is illegal.
                        You can not dispute that this president is coming out against the right to legally and peacefully protest.
                        Doesn't matter what my perception or your perception is; it is wrong. As I said in another post Barack Obama came out with the 'if I had a son he would look like Trayvon' line. He was wrong to venture into that and he worked to divide the country with that mistake. Donald Trump just did the same thing.

60 - Not knowing what went on in the locker room I will say that in general if I was the coach and he went against the team he would hear about it in some manner. Maybe this circumstance has some merit but maybe a fine or suspension would be coming his way or maybe he would stand and apologize to the team. I don't know but I do know you have to have control of the team.
                        Perception has EVERYTHING to do with it!

Show me one person who has said that the players have done anything illegal? Nobody that I have seen or heard. Certainly not Trump.

It's my perception, It's Trumps perception, And millions of others perception that the venue for this "protest" is disrespectful to us. That is our legal right also and Trumps... He doesn't lose his right to an opinion just becuase he is President.

It is not a matter of what is legal and what isn't! They can legally do what they want..... And so can I and the many others that say it's disrespectful.

Once again we find that Trump is not your stereotypical traditional President....... Your'e right if you if you don't like it, you can say so..... It's also my right to accept him as being different and liking the change from gutless PC politicians.

Comment

I was really referring to Beckum with my little rant ND. In a situation like Pittsburgh was in and what Rothlinsburger has come out with I think that I might just let sleeping dogs lay and look the other way and let the team sort that one out. I think that the whole situation rattled them and they weren't ready to play the Bears and they got beat. And as I said before Viloneuva had special privileges IMO and if his teammates were too stupid to see that I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Comment

Okay, I'm just glad we are able to get to the point where we acknowledge they are being beat up for a perfectly legal and peaceful act.
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Never ever said or implied nor intimated that they were doing anything illegal! Fake News!

They are being beaten up for using the wrong forum to express themselves...... Not illegal...... They also should not be looked at as "victims or oppressed" ... They made the mistake by picking the forum. They started this whole debacle and they should reap any backlash they get.

Funny the same leftists that are going overboard on this issue..... Are the same group trying to stop free and open speech on college campuses. And the howling media trying to turn the NFL issue into racial issue is just reenforceing my belief in the media not being interested in trying to be balanced at all.

Btw these players have now taken a issue that was worth a discussion about into a whole new mess where that issue is now basically hidden.

Comment

Working...
                              X