Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next two games----

IMM, are season definers.

Look I know 6 games in does not a season make--- but, IMM, these next two games will define the Eagles season.

I think we NEED to win both games... not just because they HAVE to be 4 and 2 and that 3 and 3 ends the season. But because the tone, the mental edge is now needed to rise to the top. They have a huge target on their backs--- every week they face a team that wants what they have or they want the bragging rights, so to speak, of beating the World Champs. I am not sure they understand or understood for the first 4 weeks... but 25% of the season is already passed, and after these 2 almost 38% of the season will have passed.

Of course the team that plays better at the end of the season is usually the winner in the end.... but it is NOT a light switch.

I agree that they don't need to let this thing slip away early. But, I think they could lose to the Vikings and be OK as long as they beat the Giants next Thursday.

IMO, The #1 focus should be on winning the East and then peaking at the end of the year. They need to go 4-2 or better in the east to have a shot.

Comment

I can see your point. Of course the idea is that you have to make the playoffs and see what happens from there. Winning the east is the key to that. Additionally, home field advantage is certainly important in making your way through the playoffs. Having a definite high winning percentage is key there. So there is a long way to go before any real determinations can be made.
      However, this team needs something to build on; something to bring them together; something to identify them. Beating up Minny (which is doable) and dominating the giants (which they should do) would give them that. The head coach mindset is to break the season up into quarters and win each quarter. You can't go 2-2 every quarter and expect to 'turn it on' in the playoffs. The birds need a 3-1 or 4-0 quarter. Losing both or either of those games labels them as 'just another team' IMO.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
        I agree that they don't need to let this thing slip away early. But, I think they could lose to the Vikings and be OK as long as they beat the Giants next Thursday.

IMO, The #1 focus should be on winning the East and then peaking at the end of the year. They need to go 4-2 or better in the east to have a shot.

I understand you POV, as I said though this is more about ATTITUDE and MOMENTUM than it is about #'s. As I said they can lose one or even both of these upcoming games and still find a way to "make" the playoffs--- but is that the way to get this team fired up and playing their best ball rather than hoping they can turn the switch on?

Comment

We are still in good shape. If there is a game we could "afford" to lose, it's a non-conference game. If there is a conference game we could "afford" to lose, it's vs the Bucs, who likely won't be any better than 8-8.
          Division games are huge. If we can go 5-1 in the division, we will likely win the division. I can't see the Cowboys, Skins, or Giants being better than 10-6.
          The three conference games that will probably be important are the Vikings, Panthers, and Saints (maybe Rams too). Winning those will go a long way towards getting a first round bye.

I think 11-5 could be good enough for the #2 seed this year in the NFC. The Rams might be tough to catch.

5-1 in the division gets us to 7-3.
          Wins vs the Texans, Vikings, Panthers gets us to 10-3.
          So then we need to win one of the games vs the Jags, Rams, or Saints. Not out of the question. That gets us to 11-5.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I know that the team plays hard. I think the problem so far has been injuries and mental mistakes.They could realistically be 3-1 or 1-3 the way the team has been playing so 2-2 seems like a fair record. They need to go 8-4 for the rest of the year to have any shot at a bye. That's doable but not likely in my opinion. Losing McLeod was just too big of a hit for the defensive backfield to adjust on the fly and Starting a rookie like Maddox isn't the best solution to the problem. Somebody has to learn that spot by the end of the season because Graham is just out of gas. October is late for breaking in a new guy there but Schwartz has to try something different there. It's a long year so who knows what can happen? I'm just glad that we are at home for this one. Doug said this week that the team has to play with more urgency and said that people as well of coaches may have to be replaced! I'm thinking that the team is not concentrating enough in practice. It sounds to me like Doug agrees with you MD.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

To me,IMM, it is not about this guy or that guy or this guy needs to go or that guy needs to go... And it isn't about #'s or how many W's or L's we need or can afford..... It is about the elephant in the room........

Super Bowl Hangover!!!!!

Look, the physical mistakes, the mental mistakes are not a sign talent or lost talent or replacement talent......... It is all about attitude and hunger , IMHO!

And I am NOT saying that if they lose the next 2 they can't win and even win big...................but these 2 games are a BIG step in in getting to the desired attitude level needed to get "THERE".

Comment

Judging from that one comment that Doug made it sounds like he agrees with you. In "Doug Language" he was telling everybody to get their act together or heads were going to roll.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                X