No announcement yet.

HoF QBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodgers and Big Ben are both deserving. They'll both get in. Eli isn't, but he'll get in because of NY and 2 championships.

As far as McNabb is concerned, I really think he's on the bubble, and that Super Bowl game is the difference. If the Eagles win that game, he gets in, but they didn't, and he won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
      Rodgers and Big Ben are both deserving. They'll both get in. Eli isn't, but he'll get in because of NY and 2 championships.

As far as McNabb is concerned, I really think he's on the bubble, and that Super Bowl game is the difference. If the Eagles win that game, he gets in, but they didn't, and he won't.
      I'm not saying 5 should get in either EB but was pointing out that the reason that he won't is The Weasel.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        I'm not saying 5 should get in either EB but was pointing out that the reason that he won't is The Weasel.
        That's fair. He probably would have had a lot more success if he had better skill players around him. It's harder to put up HOF numbers throwing to James Thrash and Todd Pinkston.

Comment

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the idea of Eli in the Hall. He’s 113-110 for pete’s sake. Three of his four Pro Bowl appearances happened after 2010, when the PB ceased to mean anything. He’s never been All-Pro. Having Eli in the Hall, would be like having Joe Flacco in the Hall. It just should not happen.
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
            I’m still trying to wrap my head around the idea of Eli in the Hall. He’s 113-110 for pete’s sake. Three of his four Pro Bowl appearances happened after 2010, when the PB ceased to mean anything. He’s never been All-Pro. Having Eli in the Hall, would be like having Joe Flacco in the Hall. It just should not happen.
            You mean a career passer rating of 83.9, a 60.2% completion percentage, along with 234 ints to go with 350 tds isn't good enough?

Flacco has a higher career rating, a higher completion percentage, and a much better TD to INT ratio.

HOF should say no to Eli.

Comment

And that is my point; I think the hall is getting far too close to being very good players. Eli is/was a VG QB, so is Rothlisberger, so was McNabb. I don't see any of them as HoF. Are you a good QB on a great team? Are you a great QB on bad teams? Are you top five (or whatever) at your position each year you played? Do your stats come close to the stats of other HoF players or, if you can't compare different eras, are your stats top 5 (or whatever) each year you played? Of course you can also ask how many rings, how many pro bowls, how many playoff victories, etc.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                And that is my point; I think the hall is getting far too close to being very good players. Eli is/was a VG QB, so is Rothlisberger, so was McNabb. I don't see any of them as HoF. Are you a good QB on a great team? Are you a great QB on bad teams? Are you top five (or whatever) at your position each year you played? Do your stats come close to the stats of other HoF players or, if you can't compare different eras, are your stats top 5 (or whatever) each year you played? Of course you can also ask how many rings, how many pro bowls, how many playoff victories, etc.
                Football, IMM, is the ultimate TEAM game game thus the "teammates" become a very important subject when discussing the HOF on an individual level.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                  Was that your daughter that Big Ben banged? Seriously ND, he's a no brainer.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                  X