Cole being Cole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cole being Cole

Phils bats wake up a little after some Cincy gifts. Phils up 4-0 heading to the 7th.

Re: Cole being Cole

Cole breezes through the 7th. He's given up 2 hits so far. Nice bounce back.

Comment

Make that a complete game shutout for the young Jedi. Nice win and a terrific 8-2 homestand!

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
        Make that a complete game shutout for the young Jedi. Nice win and a terrific 8-2 homestand!
        Concur-- little concerned about J-Roll, but I think he has already said the right things and --- on we go!

Comment

That 8-2 looks real nice. The Phils had a couple extras in the loss column and it is nice to see that evened out. The Phils have more games under their belt and now the difference in number of games is in the win column.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
            Originally posted by stevemc
            Concur-- little concerned about J-Roll, but I think he has already said the right things and --- on we go!
            I missed the post game. What did Jroll/Cholly say?

Comment

Cholly said it was over and was between him and JRoll.......... JRoll stood up like a man, said "Hey I broke the rules, he(Cholly) did what he should have" and basically said the only person he was mad at was himself.

I'm just a bit concerned about the attitude --- this early in the year, but JRoll seems to understand and knows what it takes. And hasn't been a problem in the past so I'm sure this is a one and done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                Cholly said it was over and was between him and JRoll.......... JRoll stood up like a man, said "Hey I broke the rules, he(Cholly) did what he should have" and basically said the only person he was mad at was himself.

I'm just a bit concerned about the attitude --- this early in the year, but JRoll seems to understand and knows what it takes. And hasn't been a problem in the past so I'm sure this is a one and done deal.
                Just as a followup about Rollins being a standup guy - he said (paraphrasing) "Charlie has two rules. One is to be on time and the other is to hustle. I broke one of those rules and Charlie was right to do what he did." I think J-Roll will be embarrassed and hopefully take it out on the Braves.

Comment

When I first heard about it, I thought that he stopped half way down the line and headed for the dugout. I saw the replay and while it wasn't true hustle, it was no where near as bad as I expected.
                  www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Real nice job by Cole yesterday! That's the pitcher this team needs.

Now if they can 6-3 on this road trip, that will be sweet!
                    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
                      When I first heard about it, I thought that he stopped half way down the line and headed for the dugout. I saw the replay and while it wasn't true hustle, it was no where near as bad as I expected.
                      the reason it was bad is because it was a one-run game and there's a big difference being on second in that situation, as opposed to being on first.

but rollins responded perfectly, he was very standup about it. cheers all around here -- manuel did the right thing.
                      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Working...
                      X