Running more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running more?

God, if only we could feel secure that Marty could influence AR enough to get some stats like the 98 niners, with our D, well let's just say it would be a fun year.

Well, they keep talking a good game about the running game.... see the link at the bottom.
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

STATISTICALLY SPEAKING

Marty Mornhinweg, the Eagles' new offensive coordinator, can help provide the Eagles with a more balanced offense. After all, he was the offensive coordinator of the 1998 San Francisco 49ers, the first team since 1941 to lead the league in gross passing and rushing yards.

Passing Yards -----Attempts ---- Rushing Yards------- Attempts
    1998 49ers
    4510 ................... 556 ................ 2544 ..................491

2005 Eagles
    3903 .................... 621 ................ 1432 ...................365

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeN ... p?id=50376

That was a potent offense, no doubt. Good balance, and just flat out great production. But as anyone will tell you, it's easier to run the ball when the pass game is working, and vice versa. Still comes down to execution, no matter what play is called. Our run game SHOULD be able to execute, with the line we have assembled and some fairly talented RBs. To me the issue has been execution in blocking assignments, which I chalk up to a lack of reps (I can find no other excuse for it), and Andy's quick triggr responseto not stick with calling runs when they are not producing early. 75% - execution, 25% - playcalling.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
      That was a potent offense, no doubt. Good balance, and just flat out great production. But as anyone will tell you, it's easier to run the ball when the pass game is working, and vice versa. Still comes down to execution, no matter what play is called. Our run game SHOULD be able to execute, with the line we have assembled and some fairly talented RBs. To me the issue has been execution in blocking assignments, which I chalk up to a lack of reps (I can find no other excuse for it), and Andy's quick triggr responseto not stick with calling runs when they are not producing early. 75% - execution, 25% - playcalling.
      It's more like 72% and 28%.

Nice try, smart guy.

Comment

Ok - I've known you online for like 5 years. What is this:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

??
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by nyc_eagle
          Originally posted by FRESH
          It's more like 72% and 28%.

Nice try, smart guy.
          It's an old argument that goes back years, no? Thing is, MD likes to lay more of the blame at the players feet than I do for poor production. Because although we pretty much agree on the 75-25 thingee, I also hold the coaches responsible for the poor execution. They didn't give the guys enough reps, didn't practice it and teach it well enough, or simply didn't select the right personnel to pull off their scheme.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
            Ok - I've known you online for like 5 years. What is this:

??
            Just my way of separating my thoughts from what I'm quoting/linking to... I think you use a "*"at times to do this.

Just another little stupid message board quirk of mine.

And it's actually 7 years now....... time flies!

Comment

* This "*" is formatting because I have OCD.
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
              X