No announcement yet.

Ray Didinger on Eagles Corners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main reason why Lito got burned so much in 2005 was because there was 0 pass rush. He has the recovery speed that he can bait a QB and still get back to his man after one move, however with near unlimited time in the pocket like teams were getting last year WRs were able to make two and three moves and nobody is good enough to cover an NFL WR after 3 moves consistently, not even Dion. Assuming he is able to get healthy and we can keep up the pass rush, we will get to see the real Lito by the end of this year.

However, I still think they need to draft at least 1 CB on the first day of this year's draft, because like many have said, Hood is most likely gone.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

PP54, it sucks if you're right, but you probably are. Hood is likely gone. Good thing is, we CAN use some draft picks on DB prospects. We loaded up on linemen this season. The LB position is looking better than expected. WR is going to be fine if we can extend Donte. Look for us to use several picks on DBs next year.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I agree with Phreak and Leif. Lito Sheppard is a better corner than Hood despite the campaign Didinger has been on.

Lito has room for growth but pure speed and ability to make plays makes Lito a real nice corner.

I love Hood. Love him. But the Brian Williams post is really dead on. Hood is no dumby.

He'll be in Minnesota or New Orleans next year.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyPhreak54
          Lito is also a very good CB. The thing is that Lito and Rod have very different styles of play. Rod is not much of a gambler - Lito is. Lito will bait guys and sometimes that leads to him getting Izell'd.

If Lito can cut down on his gambling habit he'd be much better. I'm all for going for the picks, but you have to be smart about it.
          Good post 54...this is what I have said all along....Lito and Hood have different style; Hood is much more in the mold of Brown yet everyone always says he should replace Lito or compares him to Lito....no, perhaps he should replace Brown since they are similar style? No, I do not want that either....I like Lito and Brown as the starters and if Hood can make huge money somewhere else, so be it....if he wants to win, play on a great defense and challenge for a ring, sign here whether you start or not IMO...
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I actually agree with him. Hood may be better than Lito. Still stewing at Lito over the Terry Glenn TD before the Roy Williams pick last year. I've heard Lito has a poor attention span.

Comment

Working...
            X