Wentz and the MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wentz and the MVP

I really don't care if he gets it or not but do you think he'll still get some votes?

He has led us to the best record in the NFC and tied for the best in the league. There is a good chance we will have a first round bye and maybe even HFA because of Wentz. Missing two games of the season shouldn't hurt him too much, should it?

What Wentz has done for this team can't be wasted.
    The players must rally and realize that they have an opportunity still to do something very special. Getting the #1 seed is damn hard and you never know when you'll be back in the playoffs next. There hasn't even been a repeat NFC East division winner since we did it back in 2004.

Foles isn't Wentz, not even close. But I still like our chances at home, with our running game and our D to give us a decent shot. Playoffs will pretty much always come down to the turnover battle. Take care of the rock, and maybe we can get in the big one. Then it's Brady and the hoody and we have no f---ing chance.
    Last edited by rspurr; 12-11-2017, 08:53 PM.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

If Foles leads us to the SB, it will tarnish what Wentz has done. It will make Doug look damn good though
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

It’s Brady’s every year

Comment

Once you're hurt you're out (see Derek last year). Wentz was in the talk but you still had Wilson, Brady, Brees and my pick Stanton. I'm sure there are others too but my point is that if you don't make it to the SB you aren't getting it.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

It’s a regular season award. Playoffs have nothing to do with it.
          Does Stanton = Keenum?
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            If Foles leads us to the SB, it will tarnish what Wentz has done. It will make Doug look damn good though
            Shaking head ....
            Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
            Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
              It’s a regular season award. Playoffs have nothing to do with it.
              Does Stanton = Keenum?
              Yep, typical Popper brain fart. Once a guy gets hurt that's it though. There are a lot of guys who deserve it.

Comment

If I recall, voting happens the last week of the season, so considering they were 11-2 when he got hurt and there are only 3 games left against kind of subpar teams (meaning I don't think Foles wins would tarnish anything as far as the MVP voting goes)...I'd say he definitely gets votes. I don't think he wins it, but I still think he winds up in the Top 3 or 4.

Comment

Not sure that missing just three games means you're out, if he was the clear-cut guy. Eagles were on pace to sit him the last game or two anyways.

But, when it's a neck-and-neck race with someone like Brady, that probably makes the difference. Presuming he plays the last two better than tonight anyways. Wentz definitely gets votes, Brady probably wins, though it opens the door for another candidate or two (Wilson?).

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                    Not sure that missing just three games means you're out, if he was the clear-cut guy. Eagles were on pace to sit him the last game or two anyways.

But, when it's a neck-and-neck race with someone like Brady, that probably makes the difference. Presuming he plays the last two better than tonight anyways. Wentz definitely gets votes, Brady probably wins, though it opens the door for another candidate or two (Wilson?).
                    It's almost always a QB. Big Ben can sneak in there too. I suppose Bell or Brown could be considered if they beat New England next week. I really don't care to tell you the truth. Everybody knows how good Carson was this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      It's almost always a QB. Big Ben can sneak in there too. I suppose Bell or Brown could be considered if they beat New England next week. I really don't care to tell you the truth. Everybody knows how good Carson was this year.
                      He's played well since, but that 5-interception game will make it pretty hard for Ben to be in that race. 24 TDs and 13 INTs -- good, but nowhere near Wentz/Brady numbers. It's incredible how Pittsburgh can play behind to so many teams and squeak it out in the end, but that aspect probably won't help him either.

Comment

To Me it's "Hands Down" the MVP this year is Russell Wilson!
                        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
                          To Me it's "Hands Down" the MVP this year is Russell Wilson!
                          I gotta agree, any other QB would be dead in that game against us
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I'm sure Wentz will get a vote or two but not playing the rest of the season will take him out of the running.
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

I might go with Antonio Brown this year!

Comment

Working...
                              X