X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's too bad Frank Reich isn't our backup instead of our OC

http://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/20...e-final-drive/
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Foles and the offense got them in possible FG position.

However, I would not say the Eagles really found their "rhythm" on the final drive. They were able to move about 20+ yards for a very long FG attempt in terribly windy conditions. Elliott bailed them out with his 48 yd FG in the swirling winds.

I really thought Elliott was going to miss with those winds. The offense should have given him a closer shot if they really found their "Rhythm".

Comment

Piny, are you old enough to remember Reich in that Houston game that Reich pulled out? That was the most incredible comeback in history. Buffalo was down 35-3 and Reich brought them back to win the game. In college he was a backup at Maryland and they were behind 31-0 to Bernie Kosar and undefeated Miami when he came in the game and pulled that one out too! If we get behind the Rams I say that we should dress him and put him in!

Comment

I'm old enough to remember, I also saw him play baseball in High School. He could hammer a baseball
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
          I'm old enough to remember, I also saw him play baseball in High School. He could hammer a baseball
          Those great QBs can play anything it seems. He'd probably beat you in horseshoes too without ever have picked one up in his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            Piny, are you old enough to remember Reich in that Houston game that Reich pulled out? That was the most incredible comeback in history. Buffalo was down 35-3 and Reich brought them back to win the game. In college he was a backup at Maryland and they were behind 31-0 to Bernie Kosar and undefeated Miami when he came in the game and pulled that one out too! If we get behind the Rams I say that we should dress him and put him in!
            That was one of the best games I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
              That was one of the best games I've ever seen.
              I had Houston +4 and remember thinking that I was going to be part of gambling history for the alltime bad beat! To tell you the truth I'm already in the HOF for those.

Comment

And then he went to the Panthers and Jets where he was not a good starting QB

I'd rather have him talking into the headset of a QB helping him get through difficult stretches of games/season.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                  And then he went to the Panthers and Jets where he was not a good starting QB

I'd rather have him talking into the headset of a QB helping him get through difficult stretches of games/season.
                  Buffalo had so many weapons back then and Marv was ahead of his time with the no huddle stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Buffalo had so many weapons back then and Marv was ahead of his time with the no huddle stuff.
                    That's true. I do remember watching that game against Houston and just dumbfounded as to how the Oilers just could not do ANYTHING to stop Reich in the second half.

Comment

Working...
                    X