Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Norman offers strong support for Malcolm Jenkins

Hats off to Josh Norman...

“To hear Eric come out and do what he did, it’s almost like, wow, that was a slap in the face because Malcolm has been nothing but stand up in the Players Coalition,” Norman said Thursday, via JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington. “Nothing but stand up, and everyone knows that.”

From PFT:https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...p-in-the-face/

BTW, Eric Reid is a punk fuck who should have been tossed from the game. Glad we didn't sign the pant load.

Tino that is the problem with this trend to be “woke”

When and where does it end? What’s the end game here? Are white people supposed to voluntarily hand their house and car keys to people of color? Am I supposed to quit my job so a Black person can have it?

We live in the least racist time in the history of the country and every day despite what people think we get less segregated and prejudiced. It’s time to acknowledge we’ve made progress and while admitting there are still issues like criminal justice reform we can’t act like no progress has been made. That’s where Reids head is at.... he thinks he is some field hand... he ain’t Huey Newton. He is a joke.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

AW,

I should have been clearer in recognizing Norman's rebuke of the punk Reid. I was not addressing the merits or the objectives of the "protest". I have my thoughts on this complicated, emotionally charged issue but I'm way past discussing those thoughts in any venue other than face-to-face, amicable discussion aided by a couple cold ones.

Reid was a total piece of shit asshole in attempting to punk Jenkins publicly. (He then proceeded to take multiple cheap shots that all went uncalled.)

I was simply applauding Norman's calling Reid out for his horse shit, attention grabbing behavior because I liked that a guy from another team was standing up for a guy on my team who I thought was treated shabbily. I was surprised because my impression of Norman has been that he's pretty self absorbed.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
        AW,

I should have been clearer in recognizing Norman's rebuke of the punk Reid. I was not addressing the merits or the objectives of the "protest". I have my thoughts on this complicated, emotionally charged issue but I'm way past discussing those thoughts in any venue other than face-to-face, amicable discussion aided by a couple cold ones.

Reid was a total piece of shit asshole in attempting to punk Jenkins publicly. (He then proceeded to take multiple cheap shots that all went uncalled.)

I was simply applauding Norman's calling Reid out for his horse shit, attention grabbing behavior because I liked that a guy from another team was standing up for a guy on my team who I thought was treated shabbily. I was surprised because my impression of Norman has been that he's pretty self absorbed.
        The press makes Norman out to be a bad ass and I guess that it's his mostly his fault for always providing the bulletin board stuff. The funny thing is that whenever I see him in person on tv the guy comes off as just a nice guy. A lot of stuff that I've read about him are very poitive too. That was very cool of him to do after seeing Malcomb get put in such an awkward position Sunday when he went out to greet the asshole Reid. It must have fired up Jenkins too because he laid some wood on people in that game too!
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          The press makes Norman out to be a bad ass and I guess that it's his mostly his fault for always providing the bulletin board stuff. The funny thing is that whenever I see him in person on tv the guy comes off as just a nice guy. A lot of stuff that I've read about him are very poitive too. That was very cool of him to do after seeing Malcomb get put in such an awkward position Sunday when he went out to greet the asshole Reid. It must have fired up Jenkins too because he laid some wood on people in that game too!
          I think the image of Norman as a bully or instigator or thug is more a product of the NY media and his battles with OBJ who we all know to be a loud mouth, spoiled, diva, tool bag and worthy of Norman’s aggression.

Not to mention- the Giants cozy relationship with their neighbor- the NFL HQ and commissioner and the way they demonize those who “bully” their media attractions.

Comment

Tino
            I caught your meaning and I agree.

I don’t want to relitigate the kneeling either. I didnt agree with it and I wouldn’t do it but I support the players right to do it. And I am actually quite proud that the group of guys I support seem to have settled on a respectful yet effective way to make their point.
            Jenkins in particular is so impressive to me. He is actually advocating for something. He’s not just demonstrating and/or being a prick for no real reason.
            Example: I didn’t understand fully the need to address the issue of cash bail and because of his comments I researched it and I agree with him. That’s what something like this should be about... getting a white guy from the suburbs like me to care about an issue that actually doesn’t effect me. California recently addressed the cash bail issue legislatively and I shared an opinion piece on it on my FB page and had a really good back and forth with friends on the issue. Jenkins played a part in that because I heard him talk about it and wanted to understand it.
            Reid hurts the movement. Going the Uncle Tom route... because that’s where he was basically going... is the kind of crap that destroys those kind of movements. What has Reid done to actually move the ball down the field? Imagine the interaction too now between a guy like Torrey Smith who is tight with Jenkins and Reid? Guys like Reid kill a locker room by going full Abu Jamal/Assata Shakur... and Tino you are a smart guy so I know you get the reference.

Lastly Tino...My only fault of Jenkins was his unwillingness to go to the White House. That was a very short sighted move I think. Don’t go be a prop but go and try to find some common ground. Man Jenkins could actually run for office some day and boost his standing if he looked willing to have dialogue with political opponents.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              Tino
              I caught your meaning and I agree.

I don’t want to relitigate the kneeling either. I didnt agree with it and I wouldn’t do it but I support the players right to do it. And I am actually quite proud that the group of guys I support seem to have settled on a respectful yet effective way to make their point.
              Jenkins in particular is so impressive to me. He is actually advocating for something. He’s not just demonstrating and/or being a prick for no real reason.
              Example: I didn’t understand fully the need to address the issue of cash bail and because of his comments I researched it and I agree with him. That’s what something like this should be about... getting a white guy from the suburbs like me to care about an issue that actually doesn’t effect me. California recently addressed the cash bail issue legislatively and I shared an opinion piece on it on my FB page and had a really good back and forth with friends on the issue. Jenkins played a part in that because I heard him talk about it and wanted to understand it.
              Reid hurts the movement. Going the Uncle Tom route... because that’s where he was basically going... is the kind of crap that destroys those kind of movements. What has Reid done to actually move the ball down the field? Imagine the interaction too now between a guy like Torrey Smith who is tight with Jenkins and Reid? Guys like Reid kill a locker room by going full Abu Jamal/Assata Shakur... and Tino you are a smart guy so I know you get the reference.

Lastly Tino...My only fault of Jenkins was his unwillingness to go to the White House. That was a very short sighted move I think. Don’t go be a prop but go and try to find some common ground. Man Jenkins could actually run for office some day and boost his standing if he looked willing to have dialogue with political opponents.
              For the most part this is an excellent post. Both sides have to acknowledge where they are because there are problems in the country. But both have to acknowledge there has been such tremendous strides made in the last 75 years (give or take). I could go on but that isn't prudent.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Sorry but I am fully on the side that sez--------- this is a social /political issue and it has no place in the NFL. Not the time nor the place!

And anybody that thrust it there should be gone.

Comment

Working...
                X