London joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London joke

Does anybody know what the league's excuse is for playing these friekin games at 9 friekin 30 in the morning Sunday? I'm sure there's money in their pockets because of it but I'd like know their "official'' excuse.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

9:30 local is 2:30pm (+5 hours)in London. I think they like that 3.5 hour window between games like they do between the 1 o'clock and 4:30 starts.

Sucks for us. But, you know the league doesn't care about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
      9:30 local is 2:30pm (+5 hours)in London. I think they like that 3.5 hour window between games like they do between the 1 o'clock and 4:30 starts.

Sucks for us. But, you know the league doesn't care about that.
      yea Bingo has been called. It is the right time locally and it gives them another 3 hour TV slot. It also gives bars and restaurants in some locales more business time so they make another buck
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

The 3 1/2 hour thing doesn't really matter EB. All of the other teams pretty much get their games in at 1:00. What time does the game come on for you ND? The west coast starts at 6:30 and nobody is watching. Unless your team is playing nobody is watching at 9:30 out here either. Let the lymies wait until all of the other teams start. This 9:30 stuff sucks, especially if you are a church goer.

Comment

Well I wholeheartedly agree that playing in London is crap and should be left to teams that want that nonsense. London games here start at 8:30 and the other games start at noon and then the late games at 3:15 or 3:25 for the TV.
          For the NFL you have people watching just about non stop (east coast times) from 9 in the morning (pregame included) until 10 at night. It is all about greed.
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            Well I wholeheartedly agree that playing in London is crap and should be left to teams that want that nonsense. London games here start at 8:30 and the other games start at noon and then the late games at 3:15 or 3:25 for the TV.
            For the NFL you have people watching just about non stop (east coast times) from 9 in the morning (pregame included) until 10 at night. It is all about greed.
            The assholes want to play in Germany AND FRIEKIN CHINA too!! What a bunch of whores these owners are.

Comment

That’s 6:30am- I’m gonna miss my spin class

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                That’s 6:30am- I’m gonna miss my spin class
                Hahahaha

I’m up at 6 am every morning but this game sucks.

Comment

I get up at 5:00 every morning for work and try to sleep in until 8-8:30 on the weekends. Today I was up at 3:00 eager for this game to start. Forced myself to go back to sleep and then woke up at 5:00 unable to go back to sleep. Can’t watch the whole game live because my son has a swim lesson at 12:00 but I am pumped for this game! Eagles crush these clowns 35-17.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I will say this about playing in London. Having spent a few years in the mid 70s living in England the only benefit to this is to allow GIs stationed in Europe to get to games. Not sure how easy the NFL makes it for the military to get to these games but I would hope they provide thousands of reasonably priced tickets to them.
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                      I will say this about playing in London. Having spent a few years in the mid 70s living in England the only benefit to this is to allow GIs stationed in Europe to get to games. Not sure how easy the NFL makes it for the military to get to these games but I would hope they provide thousands of reasonably priced tickets to them.
                      Reasonably priced? The NFL? Hate to burst the bubble, but the NFL is the epitome of greed. No way they are doing any more than the bare minimum needed for positive PR. They would much rather give discounted tickets to the Brits in order to garner European fans and have the American military pay full price.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                        I get up at 5:00 every morning for work and try to sleep in until 8-8:30 on the weekends. Today I was up at 3:00 eager for this game to start. Forced myself to go back to sleep and then woke up at 5:00 unable to go back to sleep. Can’t watch the whole game live because my son has a swim lesson at 12:00 but I am pumped for this game! Eagles crush these clowns 35-17.

Forget that last part.... This team is looking like the tinman ——> No heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                          Reasonably priced? The NFL? Hate to burst the bubble, but the NFL is the epitome of greed. No way they are doing any more than the bare minimum needed for positive PR. They would much rather give discounted tickets to the Brits in order to garner European fans and have the American military pay full price.
                          you're probably right but I see giving a little love to those overseas as the only, the only, good reason I see for having these games.
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Working...
                          X