We have a Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have a Trade

Minor one but interesting none the less.

Jonathan Cyprien Plus a 2020 7th

to Atlanta

LB Duke Riley and a 2020 6th rounder.

Interesting that we are very banged up in the secondary that we would trade a safety. We were one more injury away from Jenkins at corner last week with Cyprien as the third safety.

I think this was Howie being opportunist on this deal. Going from a 7th to a 6th may not seem like a big deal but I think having Riley as a core special teams player (and he is a better special teams player than Cyrpien) for a few years is also being opportunistic.

Now we wait to see if he can pull a trade for a Corner.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Didn't they just get rid of Fort but really I thought they had enough LBs compared to CB/S. But this may also seal them not cutting Sendejo in order to get that comp pick back.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      Didn't they just get rid of Fort but really I thought they had enough LBs compared to CB/S. But this may also seal them not cutting Sendejo in order to get that comp pick back.
      I think the trade also got them the 4th back ND. As far as Sendejo goes I'm thinking that he's been playing pretty good. There were some communication problems with some of the corners and safeties last Thursday and even included Jenkins which makes me think all this rotation is screwing up the secondary's chemistry. Both Jenkins and the CB covered the flats instead of the cb taking deep third leaving the wr open for a big gainer on one play but the corner must have misunderstood Jenkins call if he even made one because the flats are the basic responsibility for the safety if he's on the strong side. That's elementary stuff unless you have some type of game going.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Sendjo isn't going anywhere at this point. I think we look at it this way, we traded Forte, Cyprien & a 7th round pick for Riley, a 4th and a 6th round pick. Seems like a decent trade if Riley can fill the special teams roll that Cyprien was struggling with.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Maybe we land Chris Harris if Denver keeps sucking?

It might be time for Broncos ‘fire sale’ - Mile High Report

The more important takeaway here is that maybe its time for Denver to consider going on a fire sale and fully commit to a rebuild process that has already been well underway since the 2018 NFL Draft. As much as I personally love Chris Harris Jr. and how much he has meant to this franchise, he would top the list of players in that fire sale. He, along with Emmanuel Sanders, are prime candidates for a trade before the October 29, 2019 trade deadline. I suppose Von Miller could be added to that mix, but I feel like Von has too many prime years left at this point in his career. He could still be playing at an elite level by the time the Broncos emerge from this rebuilding process - if they ever emerge given John Elway’s spotty track record in the draft and free agency
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
          X