After being stoked about drafting Sidney Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After being stoked about drafting Sidney Jones

he's only been healthy for 9 games in his brief career. Hoping he can change that soon, but with the Birds bringing in yet another DB, I doubt he changes it this week
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Yea doesn't look like it this week, I guess I am okay with that since the Jets aren't really a big test this year. I'd just as soon see him get another week of rest and be ready for the middle of the season which looks like a pretty tough road.
    Overall though I am not sure how the birds can go into every season counting on him. I know I am a broken record on it but it wasn't a good idea to draft him. They need to get what they can out of him and when he starts asking for another contract or more money they better have a good injury clause in there.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      Yea doesn't look like it this week, I guess I am okay with that since the Jets aren't really a big test this year. I'd just as soon see him get another week of rest and be ready for the middle of the season which looks like a pretty tough road.
      Overall though I am not sure how the birds can go into every season counting on him. I know I am a broken record on it but it wasn't a good idea to draft him. They need to get what they can out of him and when he starts asking for another contract or more money they better have a good injury clause in there.
      If he gets one offered to him. If he went to the office asking for a raise Doug and Howie would piss their pants laughing.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

The latest

Rasul Douglas will start outside. Jones or Craig James will start on the other side. Orlando Scandrick will play the slot. These guys need to wear name tags so they can keep track of each other.

Darnold will sit out another week so Luke Falk will start for the Jets. This secondary against Falk is not exactly a matchup NFL Films will be documenting for Canton. The Eagles caught a break in facing a bad QB with this lineup.

We’ll have to wait and see if Jones can play. It would be good to have him out there. (I guess).

Comment

I was so wrong on Sidney Jones, in college this guy was great, might have been the best CB coming out if it wasn't for the injury. It does look like he lost some speed but he also lost confidence and well his technique is bad. In other words Howie took a chance on him and he lost. Happens sometimes.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Scandrick needs to start ahead of Jones right now. We need his experience. and confidence.

FWIW, PFF had Scandrick ranked very high as a starter for KC last year. Until he shows he doesn't have it anymore, he needs to start ahead of Jones IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
              Scandrick needs to start ahead of Jones right now. We need his experience. and confidence.

FWIW, PFF had Scandrick ranked very high as a starter for KC last year. Until he shows he doesn't have it anymore, he needs to start ahead of Jones IMO.
              Totally agree Pliny. I was really surprised when he got released and more surprised that he was still available.

Comment

Working...
              X