Heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart

this game was all about heart and a lack of heart. Down to 2 practice squad WRs and a practice squad RB and with a slew of injured guys still pressing on , we prevail .
    On the other side of the field is the highest paid RB in the game and one of the highest paid WRs in the game and their asses are on the bench in crunch time with ZERO reported injuries.
    ERTZ, Mills, Cox, Jernigan all go into the tent and drive on.
    Proud of the effort this team put forth.

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Very much agree.... these guys were definately out manned , as it were, yet they did give it their all... hats off to them for a gutsy and deserved win.

I hereby eat my plate of crow as I saw them losing by 3 td's in this one!!!

Comment

I could not believe both Zek and Amari took themselves out of the game at a critical point near the end of the game.
      Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

guess Zeke finally got tired of being feed (I hate that stupid move he makes )

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
          I could not believe both Zek and Amari took themselves out of the game at a critical point near the end of the game.
          Absolutely pathetic. And I can't believe Howdie Doody didn't shove their asses back in there.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

When Cox went out, I thought we were done. Then he’s back in and forces a fumble.
            I think Jenkins played his best game if the season.
            You can see why it’s hard for Howie to move in from some of these vets.
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Carson came up big in a big game (outside of a couple of terribly missed screens) I was very glad to to see.

Doug was good except that 3rd and the 4th down when he passed rather than run it.

I don't blame him for running Elliot out there... just wasn't his day!

Comment

Carson pretty much played his usual game IMM. The difference yesterday was our receivers didn't drop any passes and also actually made some plays for him. The TD to Goedert was a thing of beauty. Firing a dart through 3 people wear Goedert had to adjust his route was really something.

Comment

As much as they frustrate us they are OUR TEAM. And yesterday they truly showed Philly that Rocky Balboa underdog side. Man it was nice.

Not to be a cliche.
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rn_cbYxruk

It takes heart, miles and miles of heart. I agree whole heartly.

Seriously this is true, give me a team with heart and marginal talent and they are going to beat teams like Dallas any day of week. They don't take the game seriously. Just look at the cut from early in the year when they were making fun of the Eagles secondary. they took this game for granted.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      Carson pretty much played his usual game IMM. The difference yesterday was our receivers didn't drop any passes and also actually made some plays for him. The TD to Goedert was a thing of beauty. Firing a dart through 3 people wear Goedert had to adjust his route was really something.
                      Sorry big guy--- Carson played much better. didn't lose the ball once. No picks. and showed he could trust some of these guys.... things he has not done well before.

Comment

At the end of the game it was Greg Ward and Robert Davis at WR. Ertz running around with bruised ribs. Cox having a bad biceps. This team is beat up. But they kept fighting. Meanwhile Zeke and Cooper on eh sidelines for a breather when needed the most. Garrett saying not a damn word!

What I saw was a group of guys playing for the coach and each other on the Eagles side. I saw a bunch of egos and me 1st guys who dont give a damn about their coach on the other sideline.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                          Sorry big guy--- Carson played much better. didn't lose the ball once. No picks. and showed he could trust some of these guys.... things he has not done well before.
                          He fumbled and lost it once butt I think anybody would have lost that one. I have no idea about what you are talking about with trusting receivers. You have to play with who is out there. The only difference that I saw (which I screamed for in a post this week) was that they have to move Carson more and call a couple of run plays for him which they did. QBs sure look a lot better when guys actually catch their passes.

There's something that I remember you bringing up a few weeks ago that I agree with. Carson isn't as fast as he thinks he is. I see it as him already having to deal with this hits that have added up on him. First the knee, then the back and also just getting pounded in the pocket. Doug simply has to call plays to get him killed in the death trap known as "the pocket". He's still mobile which is great and moving around pretty well but he's not as quick as he was when he first came up.

Comment

Haven't looked at stats but my guess is he hit many more different receivers than he has in the past.

And you are right, he is not fast... but I have no problem with giving himself up by going down head first rather than feet first... he gets the yards without taking toooooooo many direct hits.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                              Haven't looked at stats but my guess is he hit many more different receivers than he has in the past.

And you are right, he is not fast... but I have no problem with giving himself up by going down head first rather than feet first... he gets the yards without taking toooooooo many direct hits.
                              I think he threw to 7 different guys this week
                              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                              X