Bills/Eagles Preseason Observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bills/Eagles Preseason Observations

Another good game by the Defense and another not so good game by the offense. Cause for concern, nope, not yet.

1. Wentz - Didn't get in rhythm until they went no huddle. Saw that a lot last year from him too. Not terrible game, had a pass or two he wished he would have had back. Once again didn't have much time in the pocket.

2. Offensive Line - Yet another starter not playing this week in Peters. With Vaiti hurt that caused Johnson to play at LT, a position he only practiced for two days this week. I have never been a fan of flip flopping tackles throughout the year. The Eagles need to find a good backup solution to Peters. I would have just let Gordon Play. Kelce looked better this week, still struggling in the run game though.

3. Cory Clement - Showed a real nice move and burst to the outside on his long run then followed with a bull type move to score his TD. Not sure why this kid wasn't drafted. I think he has a chance to be a good rotational back in the NFL.

4. Barnett - This kid can play, I said when they drafted him and I am saying it again now. He is a disrupt-er, even when he doesn't get the sack or TFL. I would love to see him mix in some with the 1's

5. Sturgis - Shaky, is a key term for him right now. That concerns me.

6. Marcus Johnson - Kid showed a real nice burst on the slant pattern he caught. We have some good developmental receivers on this team now. A couple may get cut and surface elsewhere.

7. Ron Darby - Its been a while since we have had a capable CB in this town. Might be the best corner we have had since Asante. He won't Intercept a ton of balls but his closing speed is going to cause issues for QB's. He is going to make the rest of the defense better.

8. Kendricks - Interesting when Schwartz uses him to his strengths pass rushing, playing around the line of scrimmage he shows why everyone thought he was a star in the making. He also needs to stay healthy.

9. Defensive Line - We are deep, not just at Defensive end but Hamilton looks good at DT as a run stuffer, Jernigan is tough to block, and Fletch has looked like a man possessed

10. Officiating - Muscles Hoccoli looked good last night. I think his forearms are bigger than last year. Its amazing that we saw him more than the actual players. I get it some of those penalties were legit but all the ticky tacky calls really hurt the flow of the game. The NFL really needs to figure a way out of this. Its hurting the product on the field. Its so bad that after every good play I immediately look to the box on the screen to see if its yellow.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Repeat -- Don't care about any of that except injuries --- were there ANY significant injuries? If not, then it was a good fake phony game.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      Repeat -- Don't care about any of that except injuries --- were there ANY significant injuries? If not, then it was a good fake phony game.
      Disagree 95%. If you can't do it one of these games you sure as heck aren't going to be able to do it in real games. These games may not tell you if you can play in the NFL, but they sure can tell you who can't!
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Taz, did Sturgis miss any last night?

Comment

I think that they are making a mistake moving guys around up front. That's really what killed them last year because of the injuries. No continuity. Peters loss weakens you at two positions instead of one. If the answer is moving Peters to the right side permanently than fine, do it. Maybe that's a little extreme but you get the point. Then again maybe it is good that Johnson gets some time at LT during the exhibition season. With the opener only 3 weeks away there is again concern with the offensive line and that is not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            Taz, did Sturgis miss any last night?
            Yes 45 yarder wide left

Comment

I think that they are making a mistake moving guys around up front. That's really what killed them last year because of the injuries. No continuity. Peters loss weakens you at two positions instead of one. If the answer is moving Peters to the right side permanently than fine, do it. Maybe that's a little extreme but you get the point. Then again maybe it is good that Johnson gets some time at LT during the exhibition season. With the opener only 3 weeks away there is again concern with the offensive line and that is not good.
              Just as an FYI Peters is not hurt he was not at the game for personal reasons which one of the beat writers explained as a death in the family.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                Just as an FYI Peters is not hurt he was not at the game for personal reasons which one of the beat writers explained as a death in the family.
                I know about that taz, but I think Peters health is on the back of everybody's mind wouldn't you say?

Comment

I know about that taz, but I think Peters health is on the back of everybody's mind wouldn't you say?
                  No more than any other player. A quick decline is more of my concern. That age and offensive tackles is tough.

Comment

Disagree 95%. If you can't do it one of these games you sure as heck aren't going to be able to do it in real games. These games may not tell you if you can play in the NFL, but they sure can tell you who can't!
                    OK, you disagree, great--- but was there any injuries?????

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                      OK, you disagree, great--- but was there any injuries?????
                      No.

Clement looked like the better back than Pumphrey and Smallwood. Pumphrey looks clueless comparatively.

Love Barnett- he's done nothing but impress.

Comment

Working...
                      X