Blow up this mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blow up this mess

what has happened this year is unexceptable and IMO Charlie has no control and Reuben should not be allowed to put his fingers in any deal going forward. It's not that long ago we were talking about the great turnaround by the farm system and we mortgaged the future for a shit return. Get out the axe,it's head chopping time and no one should feel safe.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Oh boy is this ugly. Gonna be hard to fix this quick
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

The Philadelphia Phillies likely played themselves out of contention for a wild card spot in the National League over the past nine days, losing eight consecutive games to fall to 49-56. With the trade deadline looming, general manager Ruben Amaro will have to decide whether to hold on to an aging core of talented players that helped deliver two trips to the World Series in the last five years. Closer Jonathan Papelbon joined the team after the 2011 season, when the Phillies still harbored hope of a deep playoff run — but with the chances of making the playoffs hovering around 1%, Papelbon is adamant that Amaro should blow up the team and rebuild.

Before the Phillies lost 12-4 Sunday in Detroit, Papelbon made it clear he isn’t happy in Philadelphia.

Via MLB.com:

“I definitely didn’t come here for this…. It’s going to take, in my opinion, a lot. And in my opinion, I think it’s going to have to be something very similar to what the Red Sox went through a couple years ago. From top to bottom.”
      That doesn’t necessarily mean Papelbon is angling for a trade, but it certainly sounds like it. Papelbon said he’d “like” to stay with the Phillies, but followed that statement by asking why any player would like to stay with the Phillies.

“Asked after the game if he wants to be traded, Papelbon said, “No, I would like to stay here. But if I’m going to have to put up with this year after year, then no, I don’t want to be here. Why would you? Why would anybody?”
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Rubes has ruined a world
        Champion team All by himself. That's almost hard to do.

Comment

There are virtually no players that I wouldn't consider trading at this point. Top among the players I'd be shopping right now are Lee, Papelbon, Utley, Rollins, and Young. I'd be open to trading Brown, Hamels, Howard and Halladay (assuming you could even get something for Doc & Howard). Time to start rebuilding from the ground up. I'd trade what I have too and get as much as I can to field a young talented team for the next 7-8 years. As for Charlie & Rubin I think Charlie's a good coach but he hasn't been given the talent he needs at times. That falls squarely on Rubin's shoulders. But this team is certainly better than they've been playing over the last two seasons and that failure to motive falls squarely on Charlie. It's time to change it up across the board. The team has failed to reach the same level as the previous season every year since '08.

2008 - Win the World Series
          2009 - Lose the World Series
          2010- Lose the NLC Series
          2011- Lose the WC series
          2012 - Fail to make the playoffs
          2013- Out of contention before the end of July

If that doesn't convince ownership that it's time to tear it down and start to rebuild, then they are part of the problem too. This consistent underachievement is just plain unacceptable.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Ownership certainly has spent the bucks, unfortunately the results didn't equal the dollars. There are a couple of players I would like to see stay but wouldn't be adverse to listening to all offers.
            Charlie did a good job bringing the world championship but I really don't see him as anything great in the coaching world
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Trade deadline is 4pm on Wednesday. According to all repots Rube wants to do NOTHING. ALL owners of the Phils need to meet asap.
              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
                ALL owners of the Phils need to meet asap.
                OK. Just let me know where and when....
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Can't believe Rube made no trades. Both he and Charlie need to go.
                  www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga View Post
                    Can't believe Rube made no trades. Both he and Charlie need to go.
                    we will be in the same boat next season,unfucking real. I hope at least they give Ryno the top spot and let Cholly slip into retirement
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I don't hate Howard like others but that contract killed our franchise.

Comment

if Howard gets his legs back, he can be worth the contract.He also needs someone protecting him a bit.He needs to see a fastball down the middle every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                          Ownership certainly has spent the bucks, unfortunately the results didn't equal the dollars.

This is what troubles me. For years, Phillies' fans legitimately griped about
                          how tight the phantom ownership group was with the purse strings. That's no longer the case, as the Phils pay roll has moved up to the big spender neighborhood.

I think RAJ has to shoulder much of the blame for bloated contracts to under performers (Howard being by far the worst) and questionable talent evaluation.

It's not good and I don't see it getting noticeably better any time soon. Very depressing...like the rest of Philly pro sports.

Comment

And it is getting worse. They must think they are going to get Clowney in the draft
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Working...
                            X