Pitching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitching?

So A. J. is in the house ---- and King Cole may be out of the house.

I have no idea WHAT to expect from this club this year.

Hate to say it but they are counting on older vets and that isn't a comfortable thought to me.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

2014 the Chinese year of the ifs, IF Adams is healthy, IF Papelbon can get people out, IF Diekman continues on the end of year success, IF Lincoln throws strikes, IF Hamels really will be at full strength by mid April, IF Howard is healthy, IF Utley can play 150 games, IF Asche continues development , and right on down the line with Rollins, Revere, Kendrick, Bastardo, Stutes , etc. etc It sure would be nice to have just one or 2 of these guys without a ? attached .
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        2014 the Chinese year of the ifs, IF Adams is healthy, IF Papelbon can get people out, IF Diekman continues on the end of year success, IF Lincoln throws strikes, IF Hamels really will be at full strength by mid April, IF Howard is healthy, IF Utley can play 150 games, IF Asche continues development , and right on down the line with Rollins, Revere, Kendrick, Bastardo, Stutes , etc. etc It sure would be nice to have just one or 2 of these guys without a ? attached .
        Man I hear ya. I have no idea how this team is gonna fair. The ugly cloud that keeps popping up is ---- 162 games is a looooooooooog stretch to depend on ?'s!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          Man I hear ya. I have no idea how this team is gonna fair. The ugly cloud that keeps popping up is ---- 162 games is a looooooooooog stretch to depend on ?'s!!!!!!!
          This team could win 70-90 games , 90 would probably get you in the wildcard series and Hamels, Lee and Burnett could win a series or 2 for you. But they are just as likely to suck. This is a head scratcher season .What kind of odds are they getting ? They might be worth a $20 bet.
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Adams, Lincoln, Bastardo , Papelbon , Horst and Stutes if healthy could be VERY good. Lee, Hamels, Burnett, Kendrick and whoever would not be terrible.
            The offense is where all the problems start. Too many question marks due to health.

Comment

Working...
            X