No announcement yet.

Winter Meetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am probably wrong, but it seems to me that the next contract isn't till 2040-------- plenty of time to "worry" about the seats.
    Pretty sure it was a 25 year deal for like 2 or 3 BILLION!

Comment

The Winter Meetings began on Monday and while there, apparently, has been some talk, nothing has happened.
      EVERY Phillies player is said to be available.

Comment

Well let's hope something happens..... cause we need talent!

Just for the record.... I still don't want Hamels top leave--- (yes, I understand you have to give up to get back. But pitchers like Hamels just don't grow on trees..... with his ERA the last couple of years the guy should have won 20 a couple of times.

Comment

I just heard on a music station - WMGK - that Jimmy Rollins was traded to the Dodgers.

Comment

Rollins to the Dodgers for 2 minor league pitchers
            Bastardo to Pirates for a minor league pitcher
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

This is the guy for Bastardo--- I'll run out and buy his Jersey next week.

They traded him to Pittsburgh for Joely Rodriguez, a minor-league lefthanded starter. Rodriguez, 23, should slide into triple-A Lehigh Valley's rotation and adds much-needed depth.
              "Clearly we've been looking for starting pitching," Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said. "We've talked about it several times. Starting pitching depth is a priority for us."
              Rodriguez had a 4.84 ERA in 30 games (21 starts) at double-A Altoona in 2014. His strikeout rate declined at a higher level, and he allowed a great deal of baserunners. But he impressed after the season in Arizona Fall League play. He started seven games there and had a 2.38 ERA with 22 strikeouts and six walks against top-prospect competition. He is currently pitching in his native Dominican Republic.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...4vMouWZKfqJ.99

Comment

I really am worried that this team is going over a really steep cliff. Allowing the guy who fleeced the minors to go out and dump the entire team for future potential is ............. fucking maddening. Can't wait to see what the return is for Rollins.
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Boston signs Wade Miley , Rube's options for Hamels are dwindling. Maybe the baseball gods will interviene and not allow him to botch the situation

Comment

Well I just hope that he doesn't get "forced" into trading him because the options are dwindling. If they trade him he better bring a great amount in return OR keep him!

Comment

I hate RAJ as much as I hate Jerry Jones. Jones is a blow hard ego manic, but Amaro is a complete idiot. He is responsible for destroying this team with terrible trades and horrible contracts. He has depleted the minors of our top prospects as he overpaid for B+ graded players. Allowing him to keep his job this Fall was infuriating, but sending him to the winter meetings and expecting him to somehow get quality return for our few remaining players is enough to send me over the edge. I think what angers me the most is that Rollins, Utley, Hamels, Howard and Ruiz represent the last of the quality players who won a title that were products of our farm system. They are a reminder of what the farm is supposed to produce and how it is supposed to operate. I have absolutely no confidence in his ability to get even a single player who turns into a legitimate top player in the majors. Watching Amaro butcher this roster the way he destroyed the farm system makes me want to beat my head against a wall. He should be removed from the building and not even allowed to watch games on TV!!!
                      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

From today's Inquirer....
                        If the reports from scouts are to be believed, neither Tom Windle nor Zach Eflin possesses top-of-the-rotation upside. Windle, for instance, was widely regarded as the fourth-best pitching prospect in the Dodgers system, and the Dodgers have made it no secret that they are looking to add big-league starting pitching this offseason. Eflin was similarly situated in the Padres' hierarchy of pitching prospects. But, at this point, both sound like more probable big-leaguers than all but two of the pitchers whom they will join in the Phillies system. For that, Amaro and his front office deserve credit.
                        Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...lUYmBStw3xF.99
                        So he deserves credit for getting players that are no worse than what he already has? In a farm system considered to be void of talent? What the hell? Has it really come to this? Is this the standard that we're holding Amaro to? Just don't make the farm system any worse? This team is at least 5 years away from making another run. Fire Amaro now before he sets this team back ANOTHER 5 years!!! PLEASE I'M BEGGING!!

Comment

Pat Gillick said that they won't be contenders for a few years.
                          They won't be getting very much for their old players, even if their name is Jimmy Rollins. Amaro waited too long to be getting anything.

Comment

Originally posted by John S View Post
                            Pat Gillick said that they won't be contenders for a few years.
                            They won't be getting very much for their old players, even if their name is Jimmy Rollins. Amaro waited too long to be getting anything.

No question about it John. I'd feel a hell of a lot more optimistic about the future if we had Gillick as the GM instead of Ruin Tomorrow Jr. RAJ has proven himself to be a buffoon in getting value back in almost every trade he has put together. They desperately need someone to take control that has experience and knowledge on evaluating young players. Rubin has no clue.

Comment

Working...
                            X