Jason Peters tribute last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Peters tribute last night

I don't think that I've ever seen anything like that before. Not only the entire Eagle team came on the field but also many of the Redskins did too. That was a very emotional moment. It will be tough for the team to go on without the most respected guy in the franchise. I think that there's a little more to it than just "next man up" in this case. I think that it's going to be a tough week for Doug to get the guys together.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Agreed, but this team has quality leadership. Hope Peters stays around the team, but not sure rehab rules allow it.

What next? Apparently Birds looked at some MLBs last week - Butler, Jenkins et al. There are guys with starting experience, and I really think we need outside help at LB. as for OT, someone mentioned Branden Albert, and I think that makes sense. He is only 32 and a year removed from a big FA contract. If he is in shape (and not a turd notwithstanding issues in Miami) probably worth a look. As an alternative, what about Dillon Gordon? Has his stock declined? Made the team as undrafted FA last year, but only PS this year. In any event, here's hoping Howie works his magic. Good luck to the guys in recovering.
    Last edited by flyered; 10-24-2017, 08:42 PM.
    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
      Agreed, but this team has quality leadership. Hope Peters stays around the team, but not sure rehab rules allow it.

What next? Apparently Birds looked at some MLBs last week - Butler, Jenkins et al. There are guys with starting experience, and I really think we need outside help at LB. as for OT, someone mentioned Branden Albert, and I think that makes sense. He is only 32 and a year removed from a big FA contract. If he is in shape (and not a turd notwithstanding issues in Miami) probably worth a look. As an alternative, what about Dillon Gordon? Has his stock declined? Made the team as undrafted FA last year, but only PS this year. In any event, here's hoping Howie works his magic. Good luck to the guys in recovering.
      Help me out. Who are Butler and Jenkins?
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Jelani Jenkins, Donald Butler, Sean Spence. I barely know their names, but they were all reasonably high picks over the last few years and have washed out for various reasons.

Comment

I counted only 7 O lineman on our entire roster and one of them was Peters! That sounds very light to me. I'd say the Gordon has to move up and maybe try to sign Albert if he's not a total jerk and cut Gibson. I don't think that we can continue to play JV football with a potential championship team.

Comment

Cordy Glenn supposedly on the trade block. I guess we could offer a 2019 3rd, but don't think we can take on the salary.

Comment

Cordy Glenn supposedly on the trade block. I guess we could offer a 2019 3rd, but don't think we can take on the salary.
              I think that you are right. What's his salary?

Comment

No idea what cap hit is, but he is taking home about $9m per.

Comment

No idea what cap hit is, but he is taking home about $9m per.
                  Oh well.

Comment

Move Celek to LT

Comment

Biggest fear I had all off season...... OL and what I felt should have been a bigger priority. We were one injury or suspension from having a much weaker OL thus opening up the possibility of Wentz being hit more often, and thus creating a bigger risk of injury to him. Besides that of course is the affect this could have on the running back.

Comment

I just cant see Buffalo trading him right now due to having a good chance of making playoffs. But stranger things have happened. I mentioned Joe Staley of 49ers in another thread and perhaps Duane Brown of Texans after his long holdout Texans might want to get rid of him.

Comment

Working...
                        X