Peters 2 torn ligaments ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
    Hopefully they can work a trade before the deadline. This team has surprised everyone with the start (I bet even Jeff & Doug are surprised) and this may be a scenario where going for it merits considerable thought. With the packers out, the cowboys losing the Ewok for 6 games and the Falcons not looking like they did last year, the Birds have an opening. I would look to find an LT trade partner and do it. There may not be an easier path to the big game in the decade to come.
    As the great George Allen always said, "the future is now".
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Joe Staley is an interesting option. 49ers are going no where anytime soon. Could they free him for a lower round draft pick now?

Comment

I think Big V is better than we give him credit for. Is he Peters NO, is he Joe Thomas NO, but I think the times he has played at left tackle at least in pass protection he has played pretty well. I will even say he seems more comfortable there. Big V needs to get better as a run blocker and in recognizing the blitz. That comes with time. Keep Lane at RT and have BIG V play left tackle. Who knows maybe he settles in there and we have one less hole to address in the offseason

I don't think the Eagles will make a deal for a big name lineman. I think maybe they sign a Brandon Albert but more than likely Gordon will just be signed off the practice squad.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
          I think Big V is better than we give him credit for. Is he Peters NO, is he Joe Thomas NO, but I think the times he has played at left tackle at least in pass protection he has played pretty well. I will even say he seems more comfortable there. Big V needs to get better as a run blocker and in recognizing the blitz. That comes with time. Keep Lane at RT and have BIG V play left tackle. Who knows maybe he settles in there and we have one less hole to address in the offseason

I don't think the Eagles will make a deal for a big name lineman. I think maybe they sign a Brandon Albert but more than likely Gordon will just be signed off the practice squad.
          Who knows maybe he gets Wentz killed .... I think it's 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            Who knows maybe he gets Wentz killed .... I think it's 50/50.
            I think we can say that about anybody they throw out there not named Peters. They are going to need to help BIG V out as they would with just about anybody else they throw out there.

I watched the game a second time and I think Big V held his own, looked more comfortable at a LT than a RT. At this point that is all we can hope for. Pederson and Reich are going to need to scheme around it.
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

We finally have a guy that our opposition has to gameplan for-Big V LOL!! Here comes the heat big fella.

Comment

It just fuckin blows. They are going to have to keep Celek in to help out on that side. Replacing an O-linemen is one thing but replacing a first ballot Hall of Fame lineman is a completely different problem.

And he doesnt have much time to get up to speed. After the Niners, Broncos are next, then the bye and then the most brutal part of the schedule.

Comment

I’m sorry but I don’t see Peters as a first ballot hall of famer. Very good tackle, great guy and team leader but not first ballot.
                  Dawkins even McNabb are more deserving Eagles.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                    It just fuckin blows. They are going to have to keep Celek in to help out on that side. Replacing an O-linemen is one thing but replacing a first ballot Hall of Fame lineman is a completely different problem.

And he doesnt have much time to get up to speed. After the Niners, Broncos are next, then the bye and then the most brutal part of the schedule.
                    I'm thinking that they might use Burton more this week too. That sucker got huge this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                      I’m sorry but I don’t see Peters as a first ballot hall of famer. Very good tackle, great guy and team leader but not first ballot.
                      Dawkins even McNabb are more deserving Eagles.
                      Really? I see Peters as a shoe in for the HoF with Dawk being a pretty good candidate and McNabb as being a possibility. First round?? who knows but I surely see him as HoF
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

I have 2 thoughts: 1) Howie may not be done, and 2) Dillon Gordon is not what we all hoped he was. And fwiw, we still need a LB.
                        Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                        Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                          Really? I see Peters as a shoe in for the HoF with Dawk being a pretty good candidate and McNabb as being a possibility. First round?? who knows but I surely see him as HoF
                          I like Peters but first ballot H of F is the elite of the elite.

Try this quiz and tell me if he’s in this company:
                          https://www.jetpunk.com/quizzes/firs...l-of-fame-quiz
                          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                            I like Peters but first ballot H of F is the elite of the elite.

Try this quiz and tell me if he’s in this company:
                            https://www.jetpunk.com/quizzes/firs...l-of-fame-quiz
                            When it comes to the HOF I've given up. So many great players don't get in. Of course the self serving OWNERS do though. What a joke.

And flyered, I've been wondering what's happening with Gordon too. Maybe they figure that they still have him in a pinch if need be but I'm still surprised that they didn't bring him up.

Comment

Yea I understand first ballot being a real tough bar to jump. I reread your post. I was going more on your comment of very good tackle/great guy thinking you questioned his HoF credentials but I see you were just going first ballot.
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

No good answer to losing Hicks as I don't think Gerry or KGH are going to be player of the week anytime soon and I think Goode/Walker will be serviceable but unspectacular at best.
                                What I do think will help is that Jenkins is about as versatile as you can get. Top notch safety, quality cover guy so he can cover backs/TEs if needed. He is smart and can help Bradham with calls if necessary. Add in that Schwartz is real good at game planning; whether that means more dime play or staying in nickel. Not sure there will be much base with 3 LBs.
                                Hopefully Kendricks keep playing at this level since it is the best he has shown since arriving in Philly and Bradham has proven to be a good pickup
                                Hope is not a strategy
                                RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X