Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(OT)Roy Halladay killed in small plane crash.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT)Roy Halladay killed in small plane crash.

Very sad to learn Halladay died in small plane crash>

LINKhttps://www.yahoo.com/#

Just saw this too

Absolute tragedy.

Comment

Weirdest thing. About 4 nights ago I had a dream. Don't remember much at all about the dream except that when I woke, I was thinking about Roy "Doc" Halladay. Nothing bad or tragic...just the name. Before that, I hadn't thought about Roy Halladay in years.

From what, as a pretty devoted Phillies fan, I remeber of Halladay he seemed like a very good man, not just a very good pitcher.

May he rest in peace.
      Last edited by tinopuno; 11-07-2017, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Met Halladay at Cole,Hamels diamonds and denim event back in 2011. One of the nicest guys I talked to. Really sad day. RIP DOC
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Sad day indeed.

Comment

Yea he wasn't a Phil for a real long time but he was a Phil that carried himself as a gentleman. RIP
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Absolute tragic event, just 40 years old. R.I.P. Roy Hallady.
              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

We are in Florida this week and odd as it is I was talking with a guy from Philly this morning about the Phils and the 2008 & 2009 seasons. Halladay’s name came up when we talked about what should have been in 2010. We both said how much he meant when he came here - not just to the team, but to the fans and the organization it self. One of the things that still stands out to me is watching him pitch a no hitter in the playoffs with my Mother and Father at my house. We were mesmerized with every pitch. The guy was simply the best. The very best on and off the field.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                  We are in Florida this week and odd as it is I was talking with a guy from Philly this morning about the Phils and the 2008 & 2009 seasons. Halladay’s name came up when we talked about what should have been in 2010. We both said how much he meant when he came here - not just to the team, but to the fans and the organization it self. One of the things that still stands out to me is watching him pitch a no hitter in the playoffs with my Mother and Father at my house. We were mesmerized with every pitch. The guy was simply the best. The very best on and off the field.

I was thinking about that too. About how he and cliff Lee never got their rings.

Comment

AP Images
                    Roy Halladay's family releases statement, memorial details

By NBC Sports Philadelphia Staff November 09, 2017 8:15 PM

Facebook

Google

Twitter

Email

Leave a comment

Fans have shared their memories and paid tribute to Roy Halladay after the former Phillie died Tuesday in a plane crash in the Gulf of Mexico.
                    The outpouring of support has deeply touched his loved ones.
                    On Thursday, the Halladay family released a statement on Roy's life, including memorial service details. A celebration of his life will be held Tuesday, Nov. 14, at 4 p.m. at Spectrum Field in Clearwater, Florida, and it is open to the public.
                    Here is what the Halladay family had to say in memory of Roy:
                    Our family is heartbroken in confirming that Roy passed away in a plane crash Tuesday afternoon. While many will remember him for his success as a major league pitcher, we remember him as an amazing father, loving husband and loyal friend.
                    Roy had many accomplishments in his professional career, the memories of which we will cherish forever. He described each achievement as a team effort rather than an individual accomplishment, a true testament to his character and love for his teammates.
                    Roy grew up with a passion for planes and always had the goal of becoming a pilot. Since retiring from baseball, he has been actively studying, accumulating the required flight hours and obtaining multiple pilot certifications and licenses. Just as he was known for his work ethic in baseball, he was also widely respected by those who knew him in the aviation community for his hard work, attention to detail and dedication to safety while flying. He treated his passion for aviation with the same joy and enthusiasm as he did his love for baseball.
                    That passion was also expressed through his tireless dedication to helping his own children and so many others learn to love and respect the game of baseball. He was an amazing coach for many youth teams, always showing patience and encouragement while reminding each child that they all had a role to play, a way to contribute and add value to their team. His love for the game had no boundaries as we often saw him instructing and encouraging the players on opposing teams. Roy was selfless in every aspect of his life.
                    While we mourn the loss of the core of our family, we choose to celebrate him and remember the man we knew privately on and off the field. We hope that he serves as an example of professionalism, integrity and hard work for all who knew him. For us, we will forever remember his unconditional love, humility and the sacrifices he made to provide for the family that meant the world to him.
                    On behalf of our family we thank you for respecting our privacy during this time of overwhelming grief. We also ask that you respect the privacy of our extended family as well as the families and children who Roy has coached, taught or worked with. We are so fortunate and thankful for the outpouring of love and support we’ve received from across the world.
                    The Halladay Family
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                    X