The latest from Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The latest from Dallas

HOMEDRAFTTRACKERFEATURES »SCHEDULE »FREE AGENCY »NFL DRAFT »TWITTERINACTIVESFINAL NFL CUTSINJURY REPORT
    Minimize
    Cowboys LT Tyron Smith misses practice; Byron Bell next man up
    Nov
    11/16/2017 10:21:39 AM
    |More
    Dallas Cowboys starting left tackle Tyron Smith did not practice on Wednesday and Byron Bell took reps with the first team as his replacement according to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Smith missed last week's loss to the Atlanta Falcons with a groin injury and Chaz Green was demolished in his place, allowing six of the eight sacks on quarterback Dak Prescott. Smith's absence from practice is not a good sign for this Sunday's key NFC East divisional game against the Philadelphia Eagles and head coach Jason Garrett admits that Smith's status for SNF is questionable at best. Bell, a six-year NFL veteran out of New Mexico, started 17 games including the playoffs at left tackle for the Panthers in 2014. There is no way the Cowboys can risk the health of their franchise QB again with Green against the fearsome blitz of the Eagles so Bell appears to be the next man up.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Keep the good news coming!
    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

He is going to play.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
        He is going to play.
        You heard that somewhere?
        Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
          You heard that somewhere?
          It's a huge game. I would think that he would give it a chance and go as long as he can. I'm thinking now that he plays despite the stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            It's a huge game. I would think that he would give it a chance and go as long as he can. I'm thinking now that he plays despite the stories.
            Reports out of Dallas is that he’s not playing. I’ll believe it when I see it.
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Jeffrey was limited at practice today with an ankle injury. It seems like the ankles were always the problem in Chicago too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                Jeffrey was limited at practice today with an ankle injury. It seems like the ankles were always the problem in Chicago too.
                “Mack Hollins- come on down, you’re the next contestant on .......”

And, even if he could play, he may not be as effective as that turnstile who played in Atlanta. He’ll be better but every defensive lineman for the Eagles can kick that guys ass.

Comment

Still more reports-BGN

Tyron Smith Injury: Cowboys left tackle reportedly out for Eagles game
                  Huge loss for Dallas.
                  by Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Nov 16, 2017, 4:26pm EST

Photo by Rich Schultz /Getty Images
                  Big news out of Dallas today: Cowboys left tackle Tyron Smith will NOT play against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday night, according to NFL Network reporter Jane Slater. NFL insider Mike Garafolo adds that the Eagles didn’t expect this to be the case. But it is.

Smith, who is dealing with back/groin injuries, being out is obviously a huge loss for the Cowboys. The veteran left tackle’s presence was sorely felt in the Cowboys’ game against the Falcons in Week 10. Dak Prescott was sacked a total of eight times in Atlanta, and six of them were allowed by Smith’s replacement: Chaz Green.

The Eagles won’t be facing Green because it’s Byron Bell who will reportedly start at left tackle. This will mark Bell’s first start of the 2017 season.

You may remember Bell from the time the Eagles blew out the Panthers on Monday Night Football in 2014.

Even if Smith was playing, Philadelphia’s defense would provide a tough matchup for the Cowboys. The Eagles rank first in the league in total pressures generated with 226. This game marks a big opportunity for Vinny Curry and Derek Barnett, who will be facing Bell, to make an impact.

Smith isn’t the only significant injury the Cowboys are dealing with. Starting linebacker Sean Lee is also expected to be out for this week’s game. So is kicker Dan Bailey.

The Eagles need to take advantage of a wounded Cowboys team on Sunday night. Beating Dallas essentially means wrapping up the NFC East with six games left to play. Philly also needs to keep winning in order to maintain their lead for the No. 1 seed.

Comment

It's feeding time, fellas.

Comment

I hope the Birds sack Prescott lots and each guy jumps off him and does Zak's feed me act.
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                        I hope the Birds sack Prescott lots and each guy jumps off him and does Zak's feed me act.
                        That would be awesome.

Comment

This game is going to be tough. Dallas is fighting for their playoff chances. Even a wild card is slipping away. I don’t see us having a hangover from the bye. I don’t believe any of the Eagles care much about their press clippings. On talent, we should win. We will have to withstand their initial burst. Then settle in and kick their fucking ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                            This game is going to be tough. Dallas is fighting for their playoff chances. Even a wild card is slipping away. I don’t see us having a hangover from the bye. I don’t believe any of the Eagles care much about their press clippings. On talent, we should win. We will have to withstand their initial burst. Then settle in and kick their fucking ass.
                            It will be tough, but as many pundits as there are virtually guaranteeing an Eagles victory, there are just as many saying the Eagles aren’t as good as the Saints, Rams or Vikings let alone the Pats or Steelers. This team has their eye on the prize but recognizes the steps they must take first.

And step one is kicking the shit out of the Cowboys IN Dallas no less.

Comment

I just hope the eagles aren't reading this stuff and take them lightly. It seems the whole sports world is making excuses like the Cowboys have the worst injuries and no one has ever had to go through the season using your starting LT MLB and RB. Of course the eagles have but they don't mention that . I just want the guys to use this as motivation to beat their asses even more. Then hold the jerseys of Peters Sproles and Hicks and two GIANT middle fingers!

Comment

Working...
                              X