(OT) gonna unburden myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT) gonna unburden myself

Guys I am not from Philly I have no ties to the city and have no reason to be an Eagles fan other than I chose them about 30 years ago. You guys no this.

My routine is to listen to WIP at the gym and on Saturdays I particularly liked listening to macnow and Ray Diddy. Today I listened like I normally do and they were asking for predictions and Cowboy hate. I rarely call in but I have before particularly when it’s Eskin cause I like Eskin.

I called in today and about 20 seconds into the call macnow calls me out for not being a real fan and says I should be a Chiefs fan and hangs up on me. I couldn’t believe it honestly.

It was a douche move and I gotta tell you I was shocked.

I’ll put my Birds chops up against any native and I just wanted to put it out there.

I feel better now guys.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

AW, I used to listen regularly but have come to find that talk show guys, particularly philly ones and ones that didn't play the game, suck. They're main gig is to stir controversy and pit half against half to try to behold themselves to the core base. (forgive this but.....just like lots of politicians).
    There is a guy who does a 9 to noon gig in Minneapolis named Paul Allen, who also is the Vikes play by play guy, who I find FAR more reasonable although he and I disagreed on TO. I find most locals are loud mouths that just haven't made it to the top like Bayless or S A Smith. Cuz especially irritated me.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

AW sorry man but you won’t get ANY sympathy from me! IMO you deserved to be hung up on! Anyone who listens to WIP should be ashamed and any one who calls them? Well, I’ll leave it by saying that you got what you deserved! NEVER call that shithole station again! You are far too good for that crap!
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Gotta agree with Juk.... I have posted countless times what a piece of shit station that was. They are no more Eagle fans then the assholes in any other major city are--- they are just douche bags who wanna be thought of as knowledgeable!

I have posted so many times that I grew weary and stopped bothering to post my angst over them. They will take any side of an issue that will get ratings or stir the pot! They have gone the way of main stream news media in that getting a story correct is far less important then spinning a story that benefits them in some way.

You stay true---- WE ALL certainly know where your mind and spirit is from soooooooo many years of great posting.

I used to see these guys a lot when I would go to AC and they were doing their show from the Borgata, and you can tell that most -- not all-- these guys were smucks.

Learn your lesson though--- I stopped listening on any kind of basis about 15 years ago when I realized what dirt bags most of these guys are.

Comment

Well, if you have been a fan of this team for 30 freaking years, you've undoubtedly been through more pain, aggravation, and heartache then you ever asked for, and they still haven't won a championship. The guy in France, the fog bowl, Willie Jerome, the Paup heard round the world, Ritchie the K, Reggie, Jackson, and Byers being among the first NFL free agents to leave their teams, Ray Rhodes, losing in the NFCC so many times, losing the SB to the Patriots, who obviously cheated, but got let off the hook by Goddell, and jezus that's just off the top of my head. Anyone who says that you're not a true fan, or a "real" fan after going through all that deserves to be beaten with a baseball bat to within an inch of their life. It's a shame the cowardly little shithead hung up on you before you had a chance to tell him to fuck off.

Comment

Thanks for the pep talk guys. Frankly I don’t know where to go to get Birds Talk now though. I kind of listened out of necessity.

It was just surprising because why would anybody pick this team. I mean I Bleed Green but doesn’t a bandwagon jumper from another town become a Pats or Steelers or Cowboys fan?

Fly Eagles Fly
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              Thanks for the pep talk guys. Frankly I don’t know where to go to get Birds Talk now though. I kind of listened out of necessity.

It was just surprising because why would anybody pick this team. I mean I Bleed Green but doesn’t a bandwagon jumper from another town become a Pats or Steelers or Cowboys fan?

Fly Eagles Fly
              AW,

While I've been an Eagles fans since birth (grew up in South Jersey), I've lived some distance from Philly for over 40 years. Like you, I have little or no opportunity to get local Philly sports news on the radio during the day. (I used to pick up the Phillies' night games on 1210 AM radio but they have been so awful the past several years I stopped punishing myself.)

Perhaps the guys who have access to multiple local sources for Eagles news on a regular basis can afford to be more selective. I can't get WIP here in upstate NY, especially during the day. If I could, I would probably listen at times...even if the sports jocks are mostly assholes.

In any case, Macnow must be a 1st class schmuck who deserves to be hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                AW,

While I've been an Eagles fans since birth (grew up in South Jersey), I've lived some distance from Philly for over 40 years. Like you, I have little or no opportunity to get local Philly sports news on the radio during the day. (I used to pick up the Phillies' night games on 1210 AM radio but they have been so awful the past several years I stopped punishing myself.)

Perhaps the guys who have access to multiple local sources for Eagles news on a regular basis can afford to be more selective. I can't get WIP here in upstate NY, especially during the day. If I could, I would probably listen at times...even if the sports jocks are mostly assholes.

In any case, Macnow must be a 1st class schmuck who deserves to be hurt.
                You can listen to it on your computer tino..
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  You can listen to it on your computer tino..

Really? What station(s)?

Comment

97.5 in Philly is significantly better than WIP but avoid Missanelli since he is so much like Angelo.
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                      Really? What station(s)?
                      Just google WIP and you have it.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Ok I will try 97.5. Can I stream it??

Comment

You can get better and more realistic info on the net than you can by listening to the WIP garbage.

Comment

Tino, I would think I am the most computer illiterate one here but my wife and I listen to all my grandson's hockey games on the computer. We just put the station in and when you get to their website they have a listen live button. My guess is every station in the country probably has it
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Cataldi and Eskin are a complete embarrassment. I know that it is all Schtick. But, they are the cause of quite a few bad raps the city has gotten.

Comment

Working...
                              X