Observations from last nights game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations from last nights game

Fly Eagles Fly Baby. I am pumped right now. We are in Disney all day Eagles fans screaming GO BIRDS!! I smelled fear from the Cowboys fans

1. Doug Pederson is quickly becoming one of the better coaches in football. He has this team believing, he is becoming very innovative on offense and most importantly he knows what buttons to push to get his team going.

2. Carson had a good game last night, I don’t care about stats, he put this team on his back in the 2nd half and led them to a blowout victory. No mistakes once again, while the QB playing on the other side showed he is not in the same league as Carson.

3. Chris Collingsworth can kiss my ass. His constant blowing of Dallas is both offensive borderline a fireable offense.

4. Kruger Hill was the hero last night. A guy who was a punter in High School, never kicked off before all he did was kick the ball to goal line except for the one where Wentz got a pentaly for blocking while Ertz fumble was returned (never seen than before)

5. Alshon Jeffrey should be resigned. His numbers don’t scream number 1 reciever but he is and he is making plays all over the field. I can tell he loves it here and I think we get a little discount signing him.

6. Derrick Barnett is really playing well, starting to look like a star in the making.

7. Big V had another excellent night, he looks comfortable at LT. Very interesting going forward next year as to what the Eagles do there. He is showing he is a starting caliber LT now.

8. Welcome back Ron Darby, he was very good last night, he played physical against Dez and he comes up with a Big INT.

Overall I can’t say how excited I am to with the Eagles right now. They are a team that just seems special. In all my years watching this team I can’t remember ever feeling this way.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

This was one of the most satisfying wins as a fan I have had in a long time. The media slurping if the Cowboys is awful. The fact that media constatntly forgets The Eagles are without their starting All-Pro and future HOF LT, ther starting MLB, their starting RB, their special teams ace and now down TWO kickers and yet no talk of that. Poor Cowboys ! Man "F" the media, the Cowboys , Jerry Jones and their sorry azz fans! F them all!

Comment

The team got an emotional lift when Hill kicked that first kick off so well. Maybe that sounds dumb but it felt like the Next Man Up do your job thing and I think it just got the entire team’s attention.

2 things...

I don’t think Brooks gets enough credit.

Smallwood is done. They need to IR and trade him. Douglass will be able to slide in when he is ready and maybe in 2019 he goes from just special teams to a nickel back.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Barnett is certainly becoming a force. Our trenches are incredible on both sides of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
          Douglass will be able to slide in when he is ready and maybe in 2019 he goes from just special teams to a nickel back.
          Don't forget Sidney Jones!

Comment

Observations:

1. Running game was outstanding! O line too it upon themselves to just dominate! Pass pro was very good as well. NO SACKS from the NFL's "sack leader" in Lawrence.
            2. Carson was a little up and down. Miss a few throws but receivers had the yips in 1st half also. But having him back there sure makes life easier. Love this kid!
            3. RBs. Can these guys get some love. Sharing the ball and making plays!
            4. Which leaves me to Doug. I wasn't in love with some of the playcalling in the 1st half but he made some great adjustments at half time and used all his backs so well.
            5. WRs are making plays Some drops early but Smith holding onto the ball at goal line. Alshon making big catch after big catch and even Aggie's nonTD was something we would have never seen last year! They are hungry and productive!
            6. The D line ..... I just do not know what to say about this group! Just phenomenal! Barnette is the next star on that line!
            7. Back 7 what a great game! Welcome back Darby! Dez did nothing but talk all night. No big plays from him . Witten was a non factor.

Overall I am having so much fun watching this team play! When my daughter calls me from college talking about how much joy she is having watching this team and she has to keep a copy of this game to watch then you know it was a good night!

Comment

What a strange game.

1) Maybe the most frustrating first half I have seen in a long time.

2) Maybe the least frustrating second half I have seen in a long time.

All I know is that it feels great today. Coming out firing the 2nd half (both sides of the ball), knowing you had no FG kicker, was just a thing of beauty. After the Ajayi run, the Cowboys were just a beaten team.

Comment

Articles out there saying how much Dez sucks. And it's not even opinion. His numbers are terrible over the past year.

And lots of talk about how overrated dak is. I'm not so sure about that but it'd be awesome if he turned out to be bobby hoying.

I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                  Articles out there saying how much Dez sucks. And it's not even opinion. His numbers are terrible over the past year.

And lots of talk about how overrated dak is. I'm not so sure about that but it'd be awesome if he turned out to be bobby hoying.

I love it.
                  Just shows you how they have leaned on that one guy (Zeke) and they have not built around the QB. Dak will not get better until he gets a true QB coach and HC.

Comment

Beat the birds (Howie) up all you want but the birds depth, while not all pro, is better than most teams. Dallas is only a few players away from being a disaster. Lee tends to be injury prone. While playing he is an absolute force but how many years can you afford to lose him for 5, 6, 8 games and not have a top notch fill in. Smith the LT is lost and they just don't have adequate replacement. Elliott is lost and they have a pretty fair back up in Morris but Elliot is premier. Lose him and Dak just doesn't have the ability to overcome that if Bryant or Beasley gets blanketed.
                    Not saying the birds are all pro everywhere but they have playmakers across the positions and the backups have shown capable to fill in. Even Walker wasn't spanked last night
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Anytime the Eagles easily win a big game against a division opponent in a nationally-televised game, it feels good.

Incidentally, I'm visiting my brother at Mississippi State for a few days, and it does kind of annoy me that many of the stores around here have stuff (both Mississippi State and Dallas Cowboys) for Dak Prescott but nothing for Fletcher Cox. (I have nothing against Prescott - seems like a humble, good guy and has played well in the NFL in general excluding his games against the Eagles - except for the fact he plays for a team with gray helmets and a star on the side, but how about some love for the former MSU standout from Yazoo City, MS?) Maybe I'll have to say something to some of those store clerks today.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                        Just shows you how they have leaned on that one guy (Zeke) and they have not built around the QB. Dak will not get better until he gets a true QB coach and HC.
                        The Cowboys' issues are a little deeper than that - they just don't handle adversity well in general. No Sean Lee, their defense often goes in the tank. No Tyron Smith, their line can't adequately pass block. No Tony Romo (in 2015), they can't do anything right on offense. Every team faces injuries and adversity, and the Cowboys just don't handle it well.

Regarding Dak Prescott, he's played the Eagles twice and had subpar games twice. Prescott IMO is a good QB (I've seen him in enough other games to believe that), but he certainly hasn't shown it against the Eagles. It is possible the Eagles just have his number, like they did early in Troy Aikman's career. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                          Fly Eagles Fly Baby. I am pumped right now. We are in Disney all day Eagles fans screaming GO BIRDS!! I smelled fear from the Cowboys fans

1. Doug Pederson is quickly becoming one of the better coaches in football. He has this team believing, he is becoming very innovative on offense and most importantly he knows what buttons to push to get his team going.

1A - Needs more time to be declarative, but I really do like that he makes half time and in game adjustments a lot more than AR did.

2. Carson had a good game last night, I don’t care about stats, he put this team on his back in the 2nd half and led them to a blowout victory. No mistakes once again, while the QB playing on the other side showed he is not in the same league as Carson.

2A I do care about some stats, but last night was a 2 fer, he was antsy and missed at times and the WR's looked like the 2016 version at times, I am hoping that both were just rust from the bye.

3. Chris Collingsworth can kiss my ass. His constant blowing of Dallas is both offensive borderline a fireable offense.

3A I like CC, As a national announcer he has to cover both sides, or at least try to, he said many nice positive things about the Eagles and even their future. I like him better than most anyhow.

4. Kruger Hill was the hero last night. A guy who was a punter in High School, never kicked off before all he did was kick the ball to goal line except for the one where Wentz got a pentaly for blocking while Ertz fumble was returned (never seen than before)

4A Very strange situation, and the kid did really well. I wish sometimes Wentz would play it a little safer and not stick his head into the smashmouth part of the game.

5. Alshon Jeffrey should be resigned. His numbers don’t scream number 1 reciever but he is and he is making plays all over the field. I can tell he loves it here and I think we get a little discount signing him.

5A.. They need to sign him NOW for at least 2 or 3 more.

6. Derrick Barnett is really playing well, starting to look like a star in the making.

6A. YUP!

7. Big V had another excellent night, he looks comfortable at LT. Very interesting going forward next year as to what the Eagles do there. He is showing he is a starting caliber LT now.

7A I will admit I didn't have confidence in him when JP first went down... but he is getting better and better,,, but I still think they are one injury away............. Also Kelce, for as much grief as he takes is playing really well, as the line is much better than I gave them credit for being and I hereby officially eat my plate of crow!.

8. Welcome back Ron Darby, he was very good last night, he played physical against Dez and he comes up with a Big INT.

8A Played well but he is gonna get a few interference calls with all the hand checks he uses, last nights crew was all about letting them play, but as we know most of the ref's are gonna not be so pliable.

Overall I can’t say how excited I am to with the Eagles right now. They are a team that just seems special. In all my years watching this team I can’t remember ever feeling this way.

Summation A -- I agree, I haven't felt this good about the team since 04. While this team even seems a bit more balanced then 04, I just hope this continues to build so that January football is a special Eagles and Eagle fans time.
                          Just Me!!

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post

I love it.
                            To me Dak is an Alex Smith type QB. Not a great arm. Looks impressive on short to intermediate routes when he has the talent around him. Won’t carry a team on his back.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                              Just Me!!
                              4A Very strange situation, and the kid did really well. I wish sometimes Wentz would play it a little safer and not stick his head into the smashmouth part of the game.

That really pissed me off when I heard that he had the penalty on the interception for clipping somebody. He's got to stay away from that stuff. Look at what happened to Elliot last night.
                              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                              X