Fletcher and the wandering Cox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fletcher and the wandering Cox

Fletcher Cox sued for allegedly having sex with a man’s wife and ruining his marriage, per report
    by Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Nov 22, 2017, 9:43pm EST

Philadelphia Eagles defensive tackle Fletcher Cox is being sued for allegedly having sexual relations with a married woman, according to a report from TMZ Sports. The woman’s husband, a North Carolina resident, is claiming that Cox ruined their marriage.

Josh claims he's got hardcore proof that the 6'4", 310 pound defensive tackle seduced and banged his wife behind his back while she was on a work trip to Pennsylvania back in April.

Jeffords claims Cox continued the relationship via text messages -- which Josh now has -- and he says it's smoking gun proof that Cox is liable for "alienation of affection" ... which you can sue for in N.C.
    Lots of pun opportunities here.

TMZ reports the N.C. resident is suing Cox for “more than $25,000.” That’s essentially the equivalent of being fined for a dirty hit in the NFL. Note that the 26-year-old defensive lineman signed a six-year, $102.6 million contract extension with the Eagles in June 2016.

We’ll see what comes of this dispute, if anything at all.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

My guess is the law in NC, as in many, requires the suit be for a minimum amount no matter how much you sue for. So he may have filed 'an amount greater than 25k' but the suit really is for 25M.
    Of course it will probably be settled for something fairly small like 200k and the guy will go about his life. His wife been with Fletcher he probable needs to move on anyway
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      My guess is the law in NC, as in many, requires the suit be for a minimum amount no matter how much you sue for. So he may have filed 'an amount greater than 25k' but the suit really is for 25M.
      Of course it will probably be settled for something fairly small like 200k and the guy will go about his life. His wife been with Fletcher he probable needs to move on anyway
      Pretty bad thing to do Fletch. You should pay. Then again it takes two to tango.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        Pretty bad thing to do Fletch. You should pay. Then again it takes two to tango.
        TMZ and someone suing, could be 100% grade A bullshit
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Not a lawyer but isn't really her that was alienating this guys affection?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            Not a lawyer but isn't really her that was alienating this guys affection?
            I'd say so off hand. I'll bet the husband is just totally pissed off and rightfully so I would imagine. Of course the whole article is worthless without pics lol. I saw a study once about cheating and it said if caught in bed under 25 the boyfriend gets shot and over 25 the wife gets shot. Who knows?

Comment

As a legal matter, if all this is true, Fletch is the one guilty of alienating the wife’s affections. That said, in some states adultery is still a crime. If that’s the case in NC, the woman could theoretically be thrown in jail. Of course, adultery is never prosecuted, but technically the husband may be putting his wife at risk of a criminal sentence by pursuing this action. Maybe he views this as a double benefit.

More interestingly, my very quick internet research indicates that this couple (Joshua Jeffords and Elizabeth Calderwood) has a bit of baggage. Apparently they were prosecuted in a case of a drug overdose death where they may have been the suppliers. Nice!
              Their families must be so proud!
              Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
              Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

I'd say so off hand. I'll bet the husband is just totally pissed off and rightfully so I would imagine. Of course the whole article is worthless without pics lol. I saw a study once about cheating and it said if caught in bed under 25 the boyfriend gets shot and over 25 the wife gets shot. Who knows?
                She is over 25!
                Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Actually, it's a pretty common thing to do.

More than one in five married men admit to being unfaithful. Admit!

I don't know what the stats are for married male professional athletes, but we have good reason to believe that they get flat out propositioned by groupies with great frequency.

Comment

Hope Fletch used a wrapper .
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
                      She is over 25!
                      Then he should have shot the bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
                        As a legal matter, if all this is true, Fletch is the one guilty of alienating the wife’s affections. That said, in some states adultery is still a crime. If that’s the case in NC, the woman could theoretically be thrown in jail. Of course, adultery is never prosecuted, but technically the husband may be putting his wife at risk of a criminal sentence by pursuing this action. Maybe he views this as a double benefit.

More interestingly, my very quick internet research indicates that this couple (Joshua Jeffords and Elizabeth Calderwood) has a bit of baggage. Apparently they were prosecuted in a case of a drug overdose death where they may have been the suppliers. Nice!
                        Their families must be so proud!

https://cbsphilly.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/drug-overdose-death.jpg?w=1500

Yeah. I would say they have some issues.

Comment

OK. It looks like this is his wife, not Calderwood. Yeah, shes hot.

http://fabwags.com/catherine-cuesta-...r-coxs-affair/

Comment

Doesn't Cox have to know she was married? (not saying he didn't, just wondering.... seems like a real weird law to me.)

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                              OK. It looks like this is his wife, not Calderwood. Yeah, shes hot.

http://fabwags.com/catherine-cuesta-...r-coxs-affair/
                              Hell, Cox probably feels like it was worth the 25 grand.

Comment

Working...
                              X