Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles get RB Jay Ajayi

Wow for a 4th round pick. All hail Howie
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

WOW is right! RB spot just got better in a hurry!
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Mystified by this move tbh. No 0-line depth or LB? Yes this is good value for a 4th rounder but is this the best use of that asset?

Comment

Not a move I was expecting, but this is a strong move. The backfield just got crowded, but as the weather turns bad, we are better and a 4th is a steal.

Comment

Knowing Howie, they are probably not done.

Ajayi is a really good RB. They must not trust Smallwood to stay healthy.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

"Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Ajayi for a 4th would seem like a steal. But, I really don't get the need. To me Ajayi is more of the same of what we already have, which are adequate NFL RB's that are nothing special. Maybe Howie is thinking down the road with Blount being just a 1 year signing. If that is the case, then I guess this is a good move. After all, it is only a 4th round pick.

I still wish we could find some LT and MLB help. Even the immortal Ezekiel Elliot can't run when their are no holes.

FWIW Ajayi is my #2 fantasy back. Having him traded to the Eagles will probably hurt his fantasy value, because the Eagles will spread the wealth.

Strange trade. But, Howie is all about value. That is the thing I like most about him.

PS-Maybe one of our other backs is going to be used as trade bait ???

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                Ajayi for a 4th would seem like a steal. But, I really don't get the need. To me Ajayi is more of the same of what we already have, which are adequate NFL RB's that are nothing special. Maybe Howie is thinking down the road with Blount being just a 1 year signing. If that is the case, then I guess this is a good move. After all, it is only a 4th round pick.

I still wish we could find some LT and MLB help. Even the immortal Ezekiel Elliot can't run when their are no holes.

FWIW Ajayi is my #2 fantasy back. Having him traded to the Eagles will probably hurt his fantasy value, because the Eagles will spread the wealth.

Strange trade. But, Howie is all about value. That is the thing I like most about him.

PS-Maybe one of our other backs is going to be used as trade bait ???
                Ajayi is a much better back than any of our guys. We have guys that are good at one thing only but not 3 down backs.

When Blount is in the game we are very limited on offense.
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Adequate nothing special.? He was a Pro Bowler last year. Ran for over 1200 yards. Not having a partially good year this year but neither is the team he was on.

He brings two things the Eagles don't have and lost when Sproles got hurt, the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and he is good a blitz pickup.

The other thing is he is signed through next year at a minimum price. This is a great move for this year and next by Howie, it could result in a long playoff run.

I think the MLB help will be Elerble. Who got hurt in training camp and cut by the Saints probably is healthy now. Would be a fine backup player who could start in the pinch.

Everyone wants offensive tackles. you saw how much Seattle gave up to get an aging Duane Brown, who is slightly better than Vaiti. I don't think there is a deal to be had for a Offensive tackle.

Comment

personally I love Ajayi

I just didn't see the need.

also not sure I like upsetting the chemistry. Blount is going to be pissed

but 4th round is a steal and this crosses off a need we would have had in the draft next year

Comment

I don't get why the Dolphins would let a guy go like that ?

I didn't realize that Ajayi was good as pass protection. That makes me much happier.

Comment

Don't see the need??? He was the missing piece until Peters went down. He can take it to the house and can block. Name me a guy on our roster that can do that???
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                          personally I love Ajayi

I just didn't see the need.

also not sure I like upsetting the chemistry. Blount is going to be pissed
                          I think Ajayi takes Smallwood and Clements snaps, not Blount.

Watch the other backs including Blount try and pick up the blitz or run patterns and the need becomes apparent.

Comment

From the other thread...... "Very puzzled. IMHO this is shoe one only. They need O Line help and MAYBE they have a deal worked out but needed to get RB help cause the deal means losing a RB. Only thing I can think of. Maybe Clement plus somethings else for a starting LT? I dunno, but till I see more I am totally confused."

Comment

And btw this kid does have talent and had a run in with the coach in Miami .

If this is the answer to help the LT to block it's stupid. Guy can be good out of the backfield and has some high upside.... If you want just help block... Bring in a FB.

Comment

Working...
                              X