The no ID D.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The no ID D.......

Our defense has me confused. Really, who are they?

I can not figure this group out. Lemme throw some thought processes at ya:

I'm not sure if we have put up a solid defensive efort in any full game this year, but the thing getting me is, what are their strengths and weaknesses.

Going into the Cowpies game, I wasn't concerned about their run game, because I thought our D was pretty stout against the run, and that our pass D was our weakness. Butttttt....... Both Dallas, and now the Saints both looked like they could have a lot of success running tha ball against us. (Thankfully the Aints were too stupid to really stick with it today).

But looking back, maybe our D was being challeneged more in the pass game because of our injuries, and our run D really WASN'T holding it's own. I guess what I'm saying is that we sem to be susceptible to the run, AND the pass. Our opponents are simply dictating what they want to challenge.

Short of Trotter who put up 10 tackles today and swallowed everything that came his way, the tackling was horrendous. As far as pass coverage, if we are not getting a ton, and I mean a TON of pressure from teh front four, we seem to get picked apart. And teams are using the short,quick pasing game to counter our pass rush, and having success with that because we are either : playing zones that teams are exploiting, or 2. giving way too much cushion in man coverage that eats us up underneath.

Does this D have an identity? Do they have a strenth to fall back on? Any signs of continuity or consistency????
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Going into the season I really thought this D was going to be the heat. But it just isn't there. They've gotten pressure and they've gotten sacks. They've gotten INTs (even though Lito has had more than his share gift wrapped to him). But they haven't shut anyone down yet for an entire game. Can they play straight up, man to man defense and hold their own? I'm not sure they can. Lewis is certainly a big part of it but I'm still not sure the LBs are doing thier part.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

The strength the Eagles have to fall back on is the pass rush. When it's not there (or at times even when it is there), the Eagles defense is in trouble.

Honestly, I don't think the Eagles have ever really had a dominant or excellent run defense under Jimmy Johnson. The Eagles' trademark on defense under Johnson was excellent pass defense, with strong coverage and a quality, unpredictable, pass rush (in part from blitzing and stunting). The coverage in particular isn't there right now.

Comment

I think it's the Giants game where we pretty well contained Tiki that had me convinced that our Run D was all that.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
          I think it's the Giants game where we pretty well contained Tiki that had me convinced that our Run D was all that.
          The Eagles did do a good job that day, but they were also ahead for most of that game and forced the Giants to pass a lot more.

Comment

Working...
          X