Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor D play a result of..............

Stupid f'ing penalties???????

Yes, To some extent I agree with this thought.

How many stupid penalties has this team taken on D this year?

I know in both losses-- we have had a penalties play very big in those losses-- The Cole kick in the Giants game and the 12 men on the filed call today.

But we have had several others as well, how many roughing the passer calls? (and have we had one called in our favor yet?)

Is this team disciplined enough on D? Is that on JJ or the players? Both mistakes were by very young players Cole and Gaither, is it just inexperience? Poor coaching? Bad reffing? Bad luck?

Thoughts?

Dunno, sometimes its just dumb luck I think.

I was getting quite pissed at the officiating today. I saw several TERRIBLE holding offenses by the Aints today that weren't even called, and I thought we got called for some real ticky tack crap (like that offensive PI).

But if you look at it on the season as a whole, I thing that there have just been some ill-timed issues, like the ones you mentioned, and add in the PI call on Lewis last week that almost allowed the Cowpies to come back against us and tie things up, that get magmified because of WHEN they happen. In crunch time.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Re: Poor D play a result of..............

Originally posted by MDFAN
      Stupid f'ing penalties???????

Yes, To some extent I agree with this thought.

How many stupid penalties has this team taken on D this year?

I know in both losses-- we have had a penalties play very big in those losses-- The Cole kick in the Giants game and the 12 men on the filed call today.

But we have had several others as well, how many roughing the passer calls? (and have we had one called in our favor yet?)

Is this team disciplined enough on D? Is that on JJ or the players? Both mistakes were by very young players Cole and Gaither, is it just inexperience? Poor coaching? Bad reffing? Bad luck?

Thoughts?
      fairly certain donovan has not been 'roughed' yet this year, as far as the refs are concerned
      Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

They should have thrown a flag for roughing when Hollis Thomas got the sack in the 1st quarters. He knocked Donovan down, then when he was down another Saint came flying in diving on top...not a vicious hit or anything, but McNabb was down, there was no disputing that. And the guy had plenty of time to let up.
        Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

Working...
        X