It's Time to Bench Michale Lewis and Start Sean Considine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Time to Bench Michale Lewis and Start Sean Considine

Michael Lewis is the #1 reason the Eagles lost. If the Eagles make the playoffs then he will be the main reason why the Eagles lose if they don't start Considine. I don't want to see Michael Lewis on the field ever again unless he is a backup.

Note: I just realized I misspelled the starting SS's name in the title. Well he isn't good enough for me to edit it so I'm leaving it how it is.

Well, I am not a player basher, never have been, BUT I do expect them to play as well as they are capable of ------------ every week, and I expect that they earn their money------------------- in this case though, I think Lewis is not very good in coverage. He needs to learn how to cover or take a seat.

Comment

I'm guessing that you don't want him extended then either.

I'm certainly leaning that way.
      www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
        I'm guessing that you don't want him extended then either.

I'm certainly leaning that way.
        You guessed correctly. If Considine isn't starting next week then JJ should have his head examined. Considine is a solid tackler and he can't be any worse in pass coverage. He should be an improvement.

Comment

Might want to revisit the possibility of bringing TV back at this point. No way could he be worse in coverage.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Unless they can turn(grow) Lewis into a WIL, then I can't see then extending him either...... the guy has no clue on how to cover a pass receiver.

Comment

I don't think Lewis will be re-signed.

I would be interested in Vincent at this point.

I would also give Considine more reps at SS, and look to make a transition there.

Lewis is just not playing well. He is a liability in coverage, and makes too many mental errors that result in points.

Comment

Considine is a sure tackler (as is Lewis), but I'm not sure he is any better in pass coverage. I don't know if Considine is the answer, but next season we need another SS. Lewis's days here are numbered.
                "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

lewis has hit the wall. you can't have somebody like this continue to make bad decisions at critical times.

Comment

Considine was in the game for most of the last 10 minutes of the game, I believe. And the way they were talking on YSP after the game, Considine may very well be the starter right now. They interviewed Considine after the game and made reference to him starting next week, and Considine didn't really downplay the notion. He politely said that anyone could have gotten burned on a couple plays, that it happens in the NFL. (And I'm thinking, "Yeah, but not EVERY week.)

Comment

totally agree L Money. Lewis has been the culprit for alot of breakdowns

he can thank Lito for bailing him out last week. He has had a bad bad year. In a contract year no less.

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20
                        totally agree L Money. Lewis has been the culprit for alot of breakdowns

he can thank Lito for bailing him out last week. He has had a bad bad year. In a contract year no less.
                        Nah Dawk, I think he had a bad year last year. This year he is having a terrible year.

Comment

Only saw bits and pieces of the game, but the pass defense just looks brutal. Not a single-game problem, but an every-game problem. Like replacing Simoneau with Trotter in 2004 to fix our run problems -- what do we do here?

I mean, let's be real, the defense doesn't have to do shutouts for chrissake, and we've got a good offense, and the Saints were a tough team to beat at home after a big game that we had against Dallas.............but this is really ridiculous!
                          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Working...
                          X