Gurley was just released...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gurley was just released...

Can’t imagine he has a lot left but in a rotational role he may be a good fit for the birds. We need a veteran back and he is a couple of years removed from being the top RB in the league. Give him a 1 year prove it deal and use him to keep Sanders fresh. Thoughts?
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

The guy is just 25 years old. Damn right I'd bring him in but there will be a lot of teams willing to take a look. Somebody is going to pay him but he has made a great deal of money... not that he doesn't want more... but if he wants to win he should come to Philly.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      The guy is just 25 years old. Damn right I'd bring him in but there will be a lot of teams willing to take a look. Somebody is going to pay him but he has made a great deal of money... not that he doesn't want more... but if he wants to win he should come to Philly.

I'm not so sure that image of the Birds is still out there.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

signed with the falcons
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Have to wonder if they will just hang around and pick up a cheap big back that is sitting around not signed by the summer. Not someone to get a lot of carries but someone who can get a yard or two when needed.
          Having said that, Doug uses Carson quite a bit to get the 1 yard first down. And Sanders is going to get a lot more looks. And Doug could use a big guy like Goedert if he thinks he needs a big guy once or twice during the year. Finally, maybe it is Holyfield.
          Anyway, I'm not concerned if they don't throw a bunch of money at a RB
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            Have to wonder if they will just hang around and pick up a cheap big back that is sitting around not signed by the summer. Not someone to get a lot of carries but someone who can get a yard or two when needed.
            Having said that, Doug uses Carson quite a bit to get the 1 yard first down. And Sanders is going to get a lot more looks. And Doug could use a big guy like Goedert if he thinks he needs a big guy once or twice during the year. Finally, maybe it is Holyfield.
            Anyway, I'm not concerned if they don't throw a bunch of money at a RB
            I have read a couple times that they want Holyfield to be the big back after working with Duce
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
            X