A positive in this big negative......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A positive in this big negative......

How bout a round of applause for our boy Reggie Brown today? Without his efforts today, we lose pretty damned badly, I think. Baskett and Avant were pathetic, Lewis had 1 catch all game. Mad props to RB for stepping it up today and deciding to be a playmaker. (Guess nobody told him this was a letdown game)

I PRAY that we are eventually able to see him and a healthy Donte on the field together for a long stretch.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

I'm trying to be with you but I just can't get worked up over that. One game the great positive is Baskett, the next game the great positive is Lewis, the next game the great positive is LJ.
    There has been a big receiver every week but the next week it seems they are long gone and someone else is the big guy. I'm thinking it is Avant's turn next week.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Well, there s something to be pleasedabout even in THAT, Nodak. Different people have stepped up when needed.

If you want somone consistently flashing....then look at Trent Cole. May not have had a big numbers day today, but this kid does NOT appear at this point to be a flash in the pan. He shows EVERY game in some way.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Yea, I'll buy T Cole. He is everything Burgess turned out to be and I hope the birds are watching for an opportunity to keep him long enough for his head feathers to turn white.
        Also I'm not throwing darts at the WRs. They are all pretty young and should only get better with experience. It's just that I don't think one can fall all over any one of them after a particular game. Need to see some consistent success.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

To me the biggest positive for today is that Michael Lewis might get benched next week.

Comment

the positive is the ability to score points and come back without Stallworth and with alot of drops

the negative is Michael Lewis couldn't cover my grandmother (god rest her soul)

Comment

Nodak, you're right. Consistency is important.

But I won't measure that consistency simply by the number of catches recievers make. More, I will base it on consistency in making the most of their opportunities. For instance, Baskett and Avant BOTH had opportunities today, and both failed. Short of one missed long-shot chance at a deep diving catch that Brown missed out on, he MADE THE MOST of his opportunites. If next week, he is not given many opportinites, I won't hold it against him. If he DOES get decent opportunities and blows them, well, then we have a definite consistency issue.

Comment

Michael Lewis blows.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Hey, Big Silly. Where ya been?

Comment

I thought that we really missed Stallworth's speed today.

The Eagles threw a number of deep balls in which the receiver had very little separation. Unfortunately, I think this is more due to our receiver speed, instead of the Saints DB's being that good.

It's not that I think Donte is a huge upgrade over the others. But, his extra gear sure would help out in some cases.

Comment

Reggie Brown's stupid holding penalty on Schoebel's catch cost us points.

Comment

The offense put up 24 points on the road....Yeah, their were mistakes, but they still put up what should have been enough points.

The defense stunk...again. We can't hope to win shootouts every week. At some point the defense is going to have to stop someone without relying on a sack or turnover. I know we've done it vs teams like GB and Houston, but other than those two games the defense has been very inconsistent and give up as many big plays as our offense gives us.

And yes, kudos to Reggie. Very nice game for him.
                        Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

One actually positive development was Dirk Johnson. He kicked the crap out of that ball when we punted.
                          "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny
                            I thought that we really missed Stallworth's speed today.

The Eagles threw a number of deep balls in which the receiver had very little separation. Unfortunately, I think this is more due to our receiver speed, instead of the Saints DB's being that good.

It's not that I think Donte is a huge upgrade over the others. But, his extra gear sure would help out in some cases.

the only problem with that is we are saying that 24 points is not enough for our defense. that's the main issue

I agree Donte could have made the difference in a 34-27 type win. But do we need to keep allowing 27 points?

Comment

I'm with you, Fresh!!! RB stepped up BIG TIME yesterday. Baskett took a step backwards, but what do you expect from a rookie? GLew made another clutch catch in the fourth quarter. When Donte returns, we'll be fine at WR.
                              "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Working...
                              X