The half full view........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The half full view........

Do you realize that we are only 2 (very poor) 4th qtrs away from being 6 and 0?

If the D just plays average, not even good, just average in the Giants 4th qtr and the Saints 4th qtr... we are 6 and 0.

Just trying to show that they aren't "that" far away from being a very good team.

I'm 100% comfortable with the season as its played out to date. Our offense is legitimate and while the defense is unsettling - teams always have question marks.

I think - while not guaranteed - that the Eagles will get the defensive situation resolved and we will only lose 2-3 more games all year. [Indy/Dallas] Landing us @ 11-5 or 12-4.

That should land us the EAST. Now I don't think we'll get Homefield and we may have to play in the Wildcard round but I'm not terribly worried about that.

Very encouraged by the offense and getting Rod Hood back. On Les Bowen's online chat last week - he made it clear Hood should be 100% by Tampa. They've just been very careful with him.

The Michael Lewis situation does need to get resolved if we expect to be serious contenders. Giving teams 7+ points a game because of one player is really not a good thing.

That said - let's roll.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

If we make it that far, we'l likely have to face Chicago at THEIR house to get to a SB. (I know, it's early, but with their schedule and how they are playing, that's the safe bet).

But one thing at a time, we have to make the playoffs. 11-5 will get us there. We've already dropped two should-have-been wins, which leaves us with 3 more to give and the hardest part of our schedule yet to play. You can be as "half-full" as you want, but we have unneccesarily left ourselves with a very narrow margin of error from here on out.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

"Hardest part of our schedule" is going to be a myth that never goes away. It's this mysterious concept that December is such a nightmare. You play each game week by week. Let's just move foward.

Atlanta, Ten, TB and Washington all suck. So throw them away. That's 5 guaranteed wins right there. GUARANTEED. What's that 9-2.

Carolina we get @ home. Jacksonville we get @ home. If we can't win those - we don't deserve jack.

That leaves INDY / @ Dallas / @ NYG which can be classified as "TOUGH" games.

Period. Let's roll.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

And you can be as "half empty" as you want and that gets you exactly what?

The bottom line is that the team IS 4 and 2, yeah they could be 6 and 0 and/or they could be 1 and 5 --- but they are 4 and 2.

So we have two choices, from my view, you can do all the woulda, shoulda couldas........ and wring our hands.

OR

My approach, while still being pissed at the 1st and 4th qtr execution of many games, I'm still willing to look at the fact that my team IS 4 and 2 and IN 1st place.

Not saying anybody else has to look at it any other way, but that is the way I'm going to look at it and look forward to watching my team dismantle the TB Buc's.

Comment

MD, whatever you're drinking, i'll take some of that!! Hey by the way, whatever happened to the days when you used to take a day or two after a game, before you posted. You used to say you didn't want to respond until you let the emotion of the day subside.
            Is it fair to say that you're getting a little GMAN in you? LMAO!!

Comment

My God, we'd BETTER crush the Bucs. Jax is another story. If we manage to beat Jax and got to 6-2, I'll be right back there on the cheery side of life with ya.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

we could easily be 3-3 as well

and our 4 wins are against HOU, GBY, SF and a squeaker vs Dallas. 3 defenses that are making all offenses look good and one division team that we barely beat at home

there is still much more I need to see. This team could be very good, or they could fall into mediocrity. It all depends on the defense IMHO. Cuz one of these days a team is going to give our O fits. When that day comes...can our D win us a ballgame?

maybe. I just haven't seen it. yet

Comment

BP, I'll bet ya we lose one of your 5 guaranteed wins. Wanna make it interesting?

Awwww, crap. I can't do that. That would put me in a position of betting AGAINST my Birds. Nope, can't do it.......

Comment

you mean New Orleans wasn't a guaranteed win before yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by pete liske
                      MD, whatever you're drinking, i'll take some of that!! Hey by the way, whatever happened to the days when you used to take a day or two after a game, before you posted. You used to say you didn't want to respond until you let the emotion of the day subside.
                      Is it fair to say that you're getting a little GMAN in you? LMAO!!

1. Totally different circumstances, for why and when I posted after/during games. And totally different circumstances on what i'm responding too now vs then.

2. Never ever use that name in the same line as you use mine, please.

Comment

This is not.....that other board(the player, LOL!)

That's why MD didn't like to be around after the games. Little more even keeled around here I think. I'm probably the most negative nitwit around this place. LMAO!!

Comment

Correction. I'm not negative. Just reactionary. Impulsive.

Comment

it is pretty comical how some of the posters on the other board react to a loss. You would think that:

1. they would know going undefeated won't happen in the NFL

2. we lost 50-0 to the Raiders in Philly or something

GMAN reacts to a loss like a baby does to an empty bottle. He has some followers too. I'm all for some good ole fashion Monday Morning Quarterbacking...but some of the levels they go to over there is funny as hell. somehow it makes them feel better to just bash the living shit out of their favorite team after a loss. Classic post saying we'll suffer more of the same vs Tampa

it's a good sample of the minority of Eagles fans that make the rest of us look nutty to the rest of the world

Comment

This team could go either way. I'm thinking it will be more of a typical Reid track record:

After 6 games:

2005 - 4-2 (ended 6-10)
                              2004 - 6-0 (13-3)
                              2003 - 3-3 (12-4)
                              2002 - 4-2 (ended 12-4)
                              2001 - 3-3 (ended 11-5)
                              2000- 3-3 (ended 11-5)

Comment

Working...
                              X