No announcement yet.

A negative not focused on, the OL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well MD, maybe if your Eagles had shown up in the first half, instead of sleepwalking through it like they did, they wouldn't have been in a position where those little boo boos hurt quite so much.

And, usually when a team shows up, plays flat, and makes a bunch of mental mistakes like that, after a huge division win, it's called a let down.

If what we witnessed on Sunday wasn't a letdown game, then they don't exist.

And, if you want to get hung up on definitions, fine, you can say it wasn't a let down. But you ain't gonna sit there and tell me they brought their A game, that's for damned sure.

Comment

What the hell are you talking about? Of course it was a let down game.

But that doesn't mean that the coaches and schemes and timeouts and play calling are or were anywhere near as important or directly related as the 3 blown plays were to "that" lose.

That has been my whole point -- some of you want to gloss over the REAL reason we lost that game and find strawmen to justify.

In the real scheme of things, IMO, the things that count-- it's first and foremost the players actions that matter most, it's the players success and failure that determines the outcome of most games.

Maybe the slow starts are symptomatic of another problem, maybe the 4th qtr is symptomatic of something else-- a bigger picture-- BUT both the losses-- can be directly traced to players failing.

Not schemes, not coaches, not play calling. Mistakes by players, either mental or physical---- without which -------despite the poor coaching, and poor play calling and poor schemes ---- we would STILL have won those two lost games.

But if people want to waste the energy talking about the minor things, fine, but don't be surprised when people see them as minor things --- in realtive comparative terms!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
        O-Line was fine, IMO. Good enough to win a game. .
        Me too and well put... Throwing to Basket 2 or 3 more time after ther 2nd or third mis was like pushing th circle thru the square.... IMO... Reggie was hot-
        http://www.myspace.com/r3nj

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
          What the hell are you talking about? Of course it was a let down game.

But that doesn't mean that the coaches and schemes and timeouts and play calling are or were anywhere near as important or directly related as the 3 blown plays were to "that" lose.

That has been my whole point -- some of you want to gloss over the REAL reason we lost that game and find strawmen to justify.

In the real scheme of things, IMO, the things that count-- it's first and foremost the players actions that matter most, it's the players success and failure that determines the outcome of most games.

Maybe the slow starts are symptomatic of another problem, maybe the 4th qtr is symptomatic of something else-- a bigger picture-- BUT both the losses-- can be directly traced to players failing.

Not schemes, not coaches, not play calling. Mistakes by players, either mental or physical---- without which -------despite the poor coaching, and poor play calling and poor schemes ---- we would STILL have won those two lost games.

But if people want to waste the energy talking about the minor things, fine, but don't be surprised when people see them as minor things --- in realtive comparative terms!
          *Sigh

I thought you just said there wasn't a letdown??? Oh, just not a major one...

Any team, in any game, where the players fuck up at critical times is going to have a hard time winning. You can probably look at most losses in close games between good teams, and find some players that fucked up, and determined the outcome. You almost seem to have this attitude that everything is fine, and we just had a couple of fuck ups, and that's why we lost the games. I don't agree with that, because the fact of the matter is that, even though we're 4-2, the team has not played that well against the better teams. There are issues that need to be fixed, and it goes beyond just a couple of players fucking up. Having Lewis one on one with Joe Horn on a deep route is bad scheme. Not being able to get the plays in until the playclock is almost expired on a consistent basis isn't the player's fault. Letting teams routinely drive the length of the field, especially late in the game isn't just a player fucking up. Not being able to sustain drives, or run the football consistently isn't just a player fucking up. Do you see my point here??

I certainly hope the coaches don't have the same attitude that you have, that those losses were just the result of a couple of players fucking up, because if they do, we're cooked.

Comment

At 4-2, We should hope that the Gnits and Ain'ts are great losses to build and learn and improve on. Lewis made the probowl. I'll let him work it out. He has the support of all the starting DBacks and wether or not we/I like it- That is a good thing. The coaches could not do anything but watch those Punt muffs- I say the Moats and Downing punts plays were all on the players... How can you see it any other way? Those plays are (cringe) learning plays for the whole team. And I certainly agree that two different teams played off and on, hot and cold that Sunday and that is the coaches fault. (IMO)
            http://www.myspace.com/r3nj

Comment

"I thought you just said there wasn't a letdown??? "

If I said that I was drunk(don't recall saying it btw, and if you point out where I said it I will be more than happy to go edit it)-- of course it was a let down, I even said in very uncertain terms that I would never ever listen to players(Trot) again tell me that they had it under control.Guess you missed that post. Said it during the game I think!

My point here is that most of the yakking by many is about schemes and coaches and play calling-- while all are important parts --- those things, IMO, have not cost us 1 game this year. Those thing spale in comparisons to what directly cost us that game. Yet that is what some people want to blame it on.

I blame the players and as you acknowledge it's the player that fuck up that cost games. Yet what I see here many a time, at least after both losses, was people trying to shift that blame away from their star players and unto the backs of things and people that don't have nearly as much impact.

Not rocket science... just trying to point out where the real blame lies and not create strawmen to do it. I have no idea why some people can't help themselves see that blaming schemes and coaches and time outs is nothing more than shifting the blame!

Again in this case I go back one more time-- we had a 7 point lead in the 4th qtr and 2 particular f'ups by 2 particular players cost us 10 points and gave that win to the Saints...........up to that point regardless of what had transpired before, it was good enough to have a 7 point lead after being down.

Funny some will give the players all the credit for the comeback and the wins and yet all the grief to the coaches and schemes and playcalling and time outs and other "excuses" for a loss!

I don't, I blame players for the most part for failing-- and I don't expect perfection, they are gonna make mistakes, it happens, but it's also the reason for the losses, in most cases. I accept it and move on... the team that makes the fewer number of mistakes generally does win.

Comment

Working...
              X