Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh - I suck...

...so this is what marriage is...

I have a "DATE" Thursday night 8/17 with my wife. Well I just got offered two free box seats (food etc.) to the Ravens/Eagles preseason game by a client.

Ugh. My wife would go but the offer came to one of my guys who works for me - so he's all excited wanting to hang out with me but I can't do it...crap...THURSDAY NIGHT PRESEASON GAMES BLOW!
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Just get it all out of your system now. It's just a fake game. Earn all the good husband points you can before the season starts.

Comment

Thank you.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Is there any reason why this 'date' on 8/17 can't be moved to a different date?

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
          IMO, it's not even worth the conversation. She might oblige, but there can be that lingering "I thought date night was sacred, but obviously PRESEASON football is more sacred" thought in the back of her head.

BP should be able to get the game on TV in his area, so he can just tape it while he's out.

While it sucks to miss out on going to the game, again, it's preseason vs. eternity with a woman and her wrath.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc_eagle
            Originally posted by SwingOnThis
            IMO, it's not even worth the conversation. She might oblige, but there can be that lingering "I thought date night was sacred, but obviously PRESEASON football is more sacred" thought in the back of her head.

BP should be able to get the game on TV in his area, so he can just tape it while he's out.

While it sucks to miss out on going to the game, again, it's preseason vs. eternity with a woman and her wrath.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Save the date moving for an occasion that really matters. You'll need it later and be glad in the long run.
              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

I'll take the tickets or the "date"

your choice
                Member of the Mike Bartrum Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
                  Save the date moving for an occasion that really matters. You'll need it later and be glad in the long run.
                  Sound advice.............it is only a fake phony exhibition game-- tape it and watch it later it's not like the details will be all encompassing that you can't avoid hearing about it till you have had a chance to watch it-- like 20 minutes after you get home from your "date".

Comment

I say hype the game a lot. Talk as if it's extremely important. Make her feel that she's really taking away something important for you.

But go with her, and when the time comes you can always use it as an excuse when the real games start
                    "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

Working...
                    X