Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now is the time to start running the ball...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now is the time to start running the ball...

...I do believe this year is totally different from last year - but now is the time after 5 weeks for REID to change up against NO and TB and establish the running game more and more.

Maybe 45% runs. No QB can sustain the level that McNabb is putting up. Defenses will adjust.

So we need to get the three headed monster of Westy/Buck/Moats pounding on New Orleans and Tampa Bay so we can go to Jacksonville ready for war.

Establish the run now before it gets away from us...Thoughts?

Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

I'd like to see a scripted 15 run plays to start off a game. We need a cake opponent to do this against. I think TB might be that team.

Comment

We know you can run on the Saints MLB.

Comment

I just realized...the irony in two of the three pictures up there is that Westbrook "CAUGHT" that ball in the SUPER BOWL and I believe that to be Buckhalter's screen pass vs. Baltimore in the preseason.

LMAO.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Is Simmy their starter?!

Comment

Simoneau and Hollis are becoming stalwarts for them...which really has me wondering how legit they are...plus they just lost a starting safety for the year.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I can agree for the most part with this train of thought. This is a good spot to start running the ball more-- this stretch of games. On th other hand it's also a good stretch of games to get the young wr's more involved (Baskett and Avant) and to have Donte get more in tune with #5(remember those two really haven't had that much time together) So I can see Reid going either way.

So let's get Moats and Bucky more involved as well as Baskett and Avant so that we can get them all ready for more duty if needed come playoff time.

Comment

I really didn't think the Saints were going to be as good as their record indicates. I do think that Sean Payton and Co. are doing a good job coaching them up. Payton always seems to have a good offensive game plan whenever he faces the Eagles. I also think they did a great job of Bellichiking Atlanta's college style option stuff that they were running.

This is going to be a tough game.

That being said, I agree that we need to get the running game fired up. Use Moats and Buckhalter more, and pound it. Reid said they needed to run that ball more effectively after last season. So, get busy.

Comment

We've made Payton defenses look poor before. He doesn't phase me.
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Someone should also tell Andy that it's perfectly within the rules to run more than 1 QB sneak per game.
                    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

BP, Payton is an offensive guy. He's been with both the Giants and Cowboys, and has historically done a very good job scheming against JJ.

That being said, the Eagles still should win this game.

Comment

My bad I was thinking of Parcells other clown Zimmer. You're right...

Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                        Playoff Appearances:
                        NFC Title Games:
                        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

The fact of the matter is,McNabb has just taken over the last two games.Against GB after Bucky's two fumles inside the five Donny Mac said fuck this,I'll take it myself.Same thing last week when Tapeh couldn't get it,McNabb took it himself.I'd like to see more run plays but Reid and McNabb are gonna take whatever the D gives them.Bottom line is that Reid likes to establish pass first and THEN run the ball.I'm not complaining about being 4-1 but without #5 we're screwed.A run game would sure take some of the heat off #5.
                          Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

j-bird: I'm with you. I've seen McNabb get pissed this year a couple of times and just take over with his legs or arms or by being upset.

I like that.
                            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                            Playoff Appearances:
                            NFC Title Games:
                            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I fully expect at least 150 yards on the ground this week. I'm going in for a 58/42 pass/run ratio. Hey MD that might make a good weekly contest...what will be this weeks run/pass ratio?
                              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                              X