Kudos to the defensive line!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to the defensive line!

Not to ignore THESE guys, when is the last time you can remember our defense and our Dline being able to generate consistent pass rush pressure WITHOUT any blitzes? Seriously, it seems like we don't blitz AT ALL any more, yet we are racking up the sacks. Major props to Washburn's group, and it's great to have Trent back.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Could have used for them to sack Alex Smith when it mattered.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
      Could have used for them to sack Alex Smith when it mattered.
      Looking back at the loses, and especially the blown leads, some (SF and Buffalo) to what we thought at the time were really mediocre teams, it doesn't really help knowing they were better than we thought. The painful truth is that, through a combination of unforced turn overs and inexcusably shitty run AND pass defense, we lost 4 games that should have ALL been wins.

That was as dark a stretch of games as I can remember in my 50 plus years of following the Birds. Not that they haven't had longer and more humiliating losing stretches...they have. But not with the kind of talent on this current roster.

Comment

Babin was a force,I remember seeing him drive the OT straight into Romo and also saw Cole do the same thing with 1 freaking hand stuck in the LTs chest. Part of the reason the Dallas O was shut down,was one of the things we didn't see earlier in the season,the LBs.They threw a blanket over Witten,who got some touches,but had someone all over him. So give the entire defense some credit. I'd like to throw some kudos to Castillo,but I'm not positive he's the brains behind the improvement.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
        X