wish 5 would run more (take 3,765)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wish 5 would run more (take 3,765)

It seems to me that only good happens when Donovan begins to use his speed, mobility, size, and elusiveness to take advantage of open space and get what he can on his own instead of sitting in the pocket waiting for receivers to not come open and get sacked.

-Simply scrambling and moving *towards* the line of scrimmage causes defenders, specifically those in coverage, have to think about the possibility of 5 taking off.

-Donovan is one of the best I've seen at knowing where the line of scrimmage is and faking runs to set up the pass. If he wants to be pass first, he can do that just fine without sitting in a collapsing pocket.

-Donovan is still fast, quick, elusive, and smart as a runner.

-When you run, you tend to know more about who is around you and are able to better protect the ball than if you are in a pocket looking downfield where all you can really do is 'sense' the pocket or a rusher closing in on you.

-Donovan often ends his runs out of bounds or with slides, which is safer than being hit from a direction you aren't aware of. Also, defensive backs and even linebackers who are trying to bring you down are usually a bit smaller and have to try harder to tackle you, in less awkward positions which you have more time to prepare for, then a 280-320 lb defensive lineman hitting or dragging you down when you're not aware of it.

-I've seen Donovan extend drive after drive after drive with scrambles when needed, often making 1,2,or 3 moves to get a few or many more essential yards.

---

RUN DONOVAN, RUN!!
    Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

I think that he's heard you. I think that he realized during the TB game that he needs to do the passing and the running again.

11 rushes in last two games, for 113 yards.
    11 rushes in previous 5 games before that, for 41 yards.
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

He's been running fine lately. It hasn't helped change our fortunes. When he was decimating defenses, including decent ones like the Cowboys', he didn't run much.

The problems go back to bad defense, sketchy playcalling, and our WRs dropping shit everywhere.

Comment

i still saw at the very least a hefty handful of plays where he was sitting in the pocket where he could have at least been outside of it to throw the ball away/steal a few yards.
        Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Jacksonville dude (linemen) caught him from behind pretty easily once.

McNabb is nimble but far from fast.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
          X