Andrews signed through 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expect this tomorrow:

Eagles sign Mike Patterson to 11 year extension, locking the promising young DT up until 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony
      Associated Press Report, July 31st 2011
      Shawn Andrews is holding out of training camp. The 4 time Pro-Bowler said "Man, I was a kid when I signed that contract. I'm playing at the level of the best linemen in the league. They should pay me what I'm worth now"
      Andy Reid, coach of the Eagles, now 4 out of 6 in Superbowls said "There are no injuries to report. There is no comment at this time on Shawn. We all hope he shows up."
      Asked if this was similar to the Wellbourne situation in 2004, Coach Reid said "Who?".
      Shit, if we win 4 SuperBowls over the next 5 years I wouldn't even be pissed if the entire team held out of camp.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Shawn Andrews is holding out of training camp. The 4 time Pro-Bowler said "Man, I was a kid when I signed that contract. I'm playing at the level of the best linemen in the league. They should pay me what I'm worth now"
        Andy Reid, coach of the Eagles, now 4 out of 6 in Superbowls said "There are no injuries to report. There is no comment at this time on Shawn. We all hope he shows up."
        Asked if this was similar to the Wellbourne situation in 2004, Coach Reid said "Who?".
        LMAO!!!!!

Comment

Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I thought of Welbourn too, who I believe signed an 8-year deal. But this is a much bigger contract than Welby got, it should stay more or less in line with the top interior linemen, only a handful of whom make big bucks.

Comment

This is great news indeed. I wonder if they have some kind of weight clause in this thing? Not only would it benefit the Eagles, but more importantly it would benefit Shawn.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by IMK
                I thought of Welbourn too, who I believe signed an 8-year deal. But this is a much bigger contract than Welby got, it should stay more or less in line with the top interior linemen, only a handful of whom make big bucks.
                "Top Interior Linemen" is the point exactly. If my memory serves me right, Wellbourn was playing G when he signed his contract. Later he blew up when he was supposedly being looked at as a LT. Tackles generally get paid better than Gs. Andrews is signing now also as a G. What happens someday if he gets moved out to T and makes the Pro Bowl there as well. Do I expect such problems, seriously.....no. But it is an erie similarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Dutchman
                  Originally posted by IMK
                  "Top Interior Linemen" is the point exactly. If my memory serves me right, Wellbourn was playing G when he signed his contract. Later he blew up when he was supposedly being looked at as a LT. Tackles generally get paid better than Gs. Andrews is signing now also as a G. What happens someday if he gets moved out to T and makes the Pro Bowl there as well. Do I expect such problems, seriously.....no. But it is an erie similarity.
                  Valid point, but the biggest difference between Welborne and Andrews is about 80 pounds. Actually, Welbonre's downfall came when he started riding motorcycles with Kyle Turley. He became a slefish STEROID user. Andrews turns down cheesesteaks-wit to get better, while John took steroids to get better. John hung with a bonafide nut, while Shawn hangs with his mom.

I think Andrews is a completely grounded young man who will appreciate every penny he earns and will do good things with the money (take care of his mother and youth programs). That is the kind of player that wont go back on his word. Welborne allowed roids to control him and TO allowed ego and no nookie to control him. Let's be sure Shawn gets plenty of nookie and we'll never see a problem from him.

Fantastic signing that shows that Banner is going to figure out a way to work this new CAP crisis. Let's now get Lewis and Dawk signed.
                  Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Dutchman
                    Originally posted by IMK
                    Tackles don't generally get paid better than Guards - Tackles generally get paid MUCH better than Guards. Which is again why the key is that this is a much bigger contract than Welbourn signed. It's in the ballpark of a decent RT deal. Welbourn's deal on the other hand was only a decent G contract, and not money a starting T would expect to make.

I'm not saying it's impossible the same thing wouldn't happen - just that this situation is different in significant enough ways. If Welbourn had signed this contract, he would have been a lot less driven to make noise.

Comment

NOTE: If you haven't had a chance as of yet - you should listen to the news conference on PE.COM with Shawn and Andy (About 10 minutes long). He's a great kid. Great. Well spoken and maturing rapidly.

Any Eagles fan should watch and appreciate the presser.
                      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                      Playoff Appearances:
                      NFC Title Games:
                      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                      X