X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwartz stay or go? Seriously?

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...018-season-nfl
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

That shouldn't be a surprise. One game he is gold and the next he is a goat. Schwartz has had his detractors for a long time. CBs that play off their man, giving up big chunks of yards, not enough third down stops, etc all contribute to people questioning if he is the best they can get. I get frustrated also but am in the leave him alone camp. He is a top coach even if you disagree with is philosophy.
    You can't take a guy off of french fry duty and expect them to stop NFL players and you can't put different guys out there every week. Last year the birds did both due to injury. They just need to keep the talent level up and hope they can keep players that work well together
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      That shouldn't be a surprise. One game he is gold and the next he is a goat. Schwartz has had his detractors for a long time. CBs that play off their man, giving up big chunks of yards, not enough third down stops, etc all contribute to people questioning if he is the best they can get. I get frustrated also but am in the leave him alone camp. He is a top coach even if you disagree with is philosophy.
      You can't take a guy off of french fry duty and expect them to stop NFL players and you can't put different guys out there every week. Last year the birds did both due to injury. They just need to keep the talent level up and hope they can keep players that work well together
      Holding the Saints to 20 with the injuries we had was a minor miracle. #48, Josh Hawkins?, was playing corner for most of the game. He must be our 8th corner on the depth chart.
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        This

Everybody has injuries, I get it, but not all injuries are created equal. And it has already been stated that no team has the depth to withstand losing 6+ players in the secondary. Even BB couldn’t scheme a group that green to success. And when your DEs are two or three deep into your PS, you’re not going to get the pass rush to help them.

Schwartz stays because if that had been someone else, NO would’ve score 48 in the playoffs

Comment

No question.....stay.

So many injuries last season. Schwartz frustrates me at times. But, we could do a lot worse and have.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
            No question.....stay.

So many injuries last season. Schwartz frustrates me at times. But, we could do a lot worse and have.
            This summarizes my feelings exactly.

Comment

No question.....stay.

Ditto
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

No question.....stay.

Yup--- this is my answer also!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  Yup--- this is my answer also!
                  I think that it's anybody with a brain's answer too but everyone wanted the guy gone all season long. Then they get healthy and all of a sudden he's a genius again. Fickle fans....

Comment

No question.....stay.

Brief, Succinct, and on point.

After a too green McDermott, Juan “Over his skis” Castillo, and Billy “Clueless” Davis - Schwartz helped win the Super Bowl by confusing Ryan, hitting the Vikings with a sledgehammer and getting a well timed pass rush on Brady at just the right moment. Without Hicks mind you.

If the league owners weren’t looking for the next McVay he’d already be gone.

Comment

The league has ruled defense right out of the game. DBs aren't allowed to cover, no one is allowed to hit and if you hold anyone under 20 points you should win. Our worst defensive games this season IMO were when the offense was sputtering. Swartz had us in most every game. In this day and age that is all we can expect. The fact he did it with guys at the bottom of the depth chart should be considered remarkable. We ended up being a couple plays from the big game again with a team that ran what ? Close to 75 players onto the field this season . I think they used 14-15 DBs and we played practice squad roulette with DTs not named Cox till Jernigan came back. The MLB missed time and your best LB played half a season with 1 hand. The fact is, if our offense dominates once again we will be right back where we belong, scoring TDs and holding the other guys to 3 or less.
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                        The league has ruled defense right out of the game. DBs aren't allowed to cover, no one is allowed to hit and if you hold anyone under 20 points you should win. Our worst defensive games this season IMO were when the offense was sputtering. Swartz had us in most every game. In this day and age that is all we can expect. The fact he did it with guys at the bottom of the depth chart should be considered remarkable. We ended up being a couple plays from the big game again with a team that ran what ? Close to 75 players onto the field this season . I think they used 14-15 DBs and we played practice squad roulette with DTs not named Cox till Jernigan came back. The MLB missed time and your best LB played half a season with 1 hand. The fact is, if our offense dominates once again we will be right back where we belong, scoring TDs and holding the other guys to 3 or less.
                        A fact forgotten by all of Philadelphia including BGN who are the best reporters there are IMO. Man is he a stud!!

Comment

Working...
                        X